Electronic music out of tempo?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

and again:

Why can't I warp some songs in Ableton or why is the tempo of some songs that strange? It's also in Traktor that some songs have a tempo of 124,38 bpm, why? When I'm in Ableton and try to warp them I just can't find the right tempo even with adjusting the warp marker it simply won't be a straight number. And this 124,38 doesn't seem right.
This issue comes often when warping in Ableton but normally can be adjusted, I always compare Traktor's tempo to Ableton's tempo and then take the Traktor tempo if different and the Traktor is a straight number.

This must be a production issue, I guess when tempo adjusting of samples songs can get out of tempo or is there a way to find out the correct tempo of the production in another way?

I would understand this if it wasn't electronic music.

Is the 124,38 bpm of this track the original tempo or is it simply warped the wrong way?

Most likely it's wrong. Automatic analyzers might be confused if the track has intro or breakbeat without kick. In such case you have to determine tempo yourself.

Tip: tempo info is given on Beatport and also Recordbox gets them right most of time.

Anyway, DJs have been matching tempo by ear for decades :P
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Most likely it's wrong. Automatic analyzers might be confused if the track has intro or breakbeat without kick. In such case you have to determine tempo yourself.

Tip: tempo info is given on Beatport and also Recordbox gets them right most of time.

Anyway, DJs have been matching tempo by ear for decades :P
Hey thank you for the tip with Beatport!

Damn how could I not think about that, was there quite often last time. :)))

I'm not a DJ. I have Traktor and Ableton and some effects and wanna learn how to...know how to delay the tracks already... :)))
I envy those who can play vinyl but I think I'll go modern for my music because of the possibilities.

JurijPopotnig wrote:
I'm not a DJ. I have Traktor and Ableton and some effects and wanna learn how to...know how to delay the tracks already... :)))
I envy those who can play vinyl but I think I'll go modern for my music because of the possibilities.
Seriously, it doesn't get much easier than beat matching two vinyl's. :tu:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”