Rendering to separate files only works with MIDI

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I export WAV or MP3 and choose "render each track to a separate file," I get a single file with a render of the entire project. If I choose MIDI, each track is rendered to a separate file as expected. It would be great if this feature worked as expected. Or at the very least, disable the option when it's not available. This is in Tracktion 6.2.3.

bburtin wrote:When I export WAV or MP3 and choose "render each track to a separate file," I get a single file with a render
You must have the tracks selected in your edit then select only selected tracks an it should work :tu:

Unfortunately I get the same behavior even if I select the tracks. I forgot to mention that I'm exporting MIDI tracks to audio.

Works for me. Which plugin are you using to render the MIDI to audio?

I have 4 tracks. The first three are MIDI tracks that send their output to track 4. Track 4 has Kontakt 4 in the plugin chain. When I attempt to render to separate tracks, I get a single MP3 that has the same name as the Kontakt track.

Now that I've thought through it, I think I understand what's going on. Tracktion probably thinks that there's no content on tracks 1-3 since they're sending their output to track 4. As a result, it skips them when doing the render.

Yes, the problem is that you've mixed the tracks together. The output from Kontakt could never be separated into different tracks again.

Hi,,
it's Strange, i have no problem with another Daw. I will test

Return to “Tracktion”