Quick Question. Tsar 1-R or Lexicon MPX?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My ilok demo had expired on them both. I remember liking both of them at the time, but the price was out of reach. So which one do you like better?

(i do have the NI reverbs and Valhalla, so the usual Valhalla reply doesn't work here :p)
musisikamar.com

vs mpx? tsar 1R.

vs lxp? Lex.

Tsar is a good verb and a bit underrated.. 1R seems to have the "under the hood settings" really well tuned. It's bigger brother can be really muddy in the mids and needs eq and careful use of the density control but with 1R they have done it for you.. carefully chosen settings that are so easy to tweak and sound particularly fantastic on drums. Isn't it like $25 at resellers now? It's worth it.

see the difference to MPX imo is that unlike MPX the softube engineers have chosen the most useful settings for all that is happening under the hood with tsar 1r that you can;t tweak.

TheoM wrote:vs mpx? tsar 1R.

vs lxp? Lex.

Tsar is a good verb and a bit underrated.. 1R seems to have the "under the hood settings" really well tuned. It's bigger brother can be really muddy in the mids and needs eq and careful use of the density control but with 1R they have done it for you.. carefully chosen settings that are so easy to tweak and sound particularly fantastic on drums. Isn't it like $25 at resellers now? It's worth it.

see the difference to MPX imo is that unlike MPX the softube engineers have chosen the most useful settings for all that is happening under the hood with tsar 1r that you can;t tweak.
So based on all 3, MPX Tsar Lxp, which one sounded different enough for you compared to the reverb that i already have? How different is it from the NI reverbs (which is based on lexicon reverb too)?

What i need is different sound.
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:
TheoM wrote:vs mpx? tsar 1R.

vs lxp? Lex.

So based on all 3, MPX Tsar Lxp, which one sounded different enough for you compared to the reverb that i already have? How different is it from the NI reverbs (which is based on lexicon reverb too)?

What i need is different sound.
Might want to try EAReverb then.

exactly.

Although tsar sounds quite different to the softube NI lexicon stuff.

That said i am going to recommend breverb 2 which is the most underrated and never talked about reverb plugin of all time. Please try the demo. Best reverse mode ever and TONS of tweakability to really nail different ambiences. Try the source mode.. way different to the stuff you already have, another option is waves H reverb of course.

And earverb as mentioned or acon verberate which are very different to valhalla vintage or valhalla plate.. note.. valhalla room can do the earthy natural "blend in a mix" sound too so i mean you do have alot covered with valhalla.

I guess this sort of thing is what sparked my have we peaked at reverb tech question. Because with softube NI, and all the valhalla products, technically you have every reverb to cover every sort of mix need for a lifetime.

Return to “Effects”