Can anyone give me the Waves 9.2 (pre Waves Central) installer for Windows?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone give me the Waves 9.2 (pre Waves Central) installer for Windows? 9.2 was the last version to work on my XP PC.

Cheers :wink:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

It won't work mate.
It will not recognise any plugs and request the new one be installed.

In short, you're screwed like I am.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Thanks for the info Mushy Mushy :wink: . As far as I can tell the only V9 installers that work with Windows XP are pre V9.3 . I just downloaded V8 which would mean me missing out on a couple of Waves plugins I had bought - but then I was reminded that V8 requires an iLok key. Arse. All this because I opted in for the freebie plugin that I soon realised I already had anyway! That's plugin lust for you. Why don't Waves just let us use V9.2 if we want to? :evil:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Indeed. Exactly the same situation here.

I bought a few more in the sale that I can't register without installing Central, thereby breaking my currently working 9.2 install.

Thinking I'll install Central on my work PC and put the new plugs on a USB key. Then use that in addition to the licenses I have on the computer. Such a faff though.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I just contact Waves support for help:-

Please could you give me a download link for the Waves V9r29 installer. This is the last known version to work in my XP PC. The latest V9.3 version does not work on my Windows XP PC (I am aware that XP is no longer supported in V9 but the last V9.2 release worked fine in my XP PC). I understand that I could use V8 but would prefer to use V9.2 if possible (at least until I update to Windows 7 in the next few months).

Then updated with the addition of:-

I have been advised by a fellow Waves user , who is in the same predicament as me, that V9 installers that are pre V9.3 will not work as they will not recognise any plugs and will request the new one be installed. So no Waves plugins for me now until I update my OS from Windows XP because Waves insist that I use the latest version of the V9 installer. And Waves V9 does not officially support XP so I can't really complain. But there must be a few of us XP Waves users out there who can no longer use their Waves plugins because Waves insist on users using the latest version of the V9 installer. Very frustrating!

Really hope you can help as I, and I expect others, do not want to be without our Waves plugins.

Problem is Waves do not officially support XP on V9. I am not complaining in any way that Waves no longer support XP but just that it would be very helpful to people like you and me if we could still use V9.2

I will let you know if I get a reply from Waves Support. :wink:

You're in deepshit and you're not moving. Congratulations - you're using Waves plugins!
"Always outnumbered, never outgunned"
'There are some sissies who paint their face and listen emo-metal'

Tubeman wrote:You're in deepshit and you're not moving. Congratulations - you're using Waves plugins!
:)

To be fair to Waves, they do state on their site, under "System Requirements", that XP is not supported on V9 so they cannot be blamed for leaving anyone in deep doo doos if trying to use V9 with XP. It is just frustrating that they now insist that you must use the latest version of V9 if choosing to use V9. :bang:

Downloaded Waves License 9.3 from http://installers.waves.com/Version9/Wi ... _V9r30.exe and opted not to update to latest version when asked by the installer. When the DAW was started up and I was asked to select the Waves plugins folder I selected the folder C:\Programs\Waves\Plug-Ins V9 . All works fine now on my XP PC. :)

Tubeman wrote:You're in deepshit and you're not moving. Congratulations - you're using Waves plugins!
What a strange comment...
No signature here!

Been a Waves user since around 2012. Always worked. Now can't get any demos to install. The instructions are straightforward... doesn't work. Keeps resetting what I already have installed...

Waves... not going to try any more stuff, and I won't buy if I can't try. Simple as. So far can still use the stuff I already bought... Wondering how long that will last.

A bit off topic: My ilok license manager quits working every month or so. It says that a background component seems to be unavailable. I'm running the newest version on windows 10. So I've given up on all that mess once and for all. I don't have time to dig around and uninstall all the time. I have things that are just as good or better that don't have a nose in that _____.

Post-XP Windows security prevents PACE service (the "background component") from auto-starting.

Here is a page explaining how to manually start the service:

https://www.ilok.com/#!resource/windows_troubleshooting

I actually prefer that way, I'm not found of stuff auto-starting without my control.

pottering wrote:Post-XP Windows security prevents PACE service (the "background component") from auto-starting.

I actually prefer that way, I'm not found of stuff auto-starting without my control.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. It just urks me that it works for a while and then fails.

spacekid wrote:
pottering wrote:Post-XP Windows security prevents PACE service (the "background component") from auto-starting.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. It just urks me that it works for a while and then fails.
Hmm, strange. I couldn't find the problem I have on the list, but you nailed it _so the next time it happens I'll, more than likely, PM you. I say next time because it mysteriously went away again. I installed the 'give a little: get a little' Soundtoys plugin and the iLok manager decided to work again. For how long - I don't know.

Don't know if anybody is still watching this thread, but I have a similar predicament. Everything was fine running Waves in SONAR PROF at the 9.2 level. Like many folks, I spent the last year moving my center of gravity to Reaper and abandoning SONAR (has been a great move). This week, I decided to clean up my plugin directories and all the mess that SONAR make "organizing" my tools. In doing so, I managed to break Waves 9.2 (I own Silver and a slew of standalones...)

I tried to use the old Waves loader and it wouldn't connect and couldn't find my licenses. I tried the 9.3 version and the 10.1 version; both let me manipulate my licenses (Local<->Cloud), but none were able to install plugins without an error.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and I keep it up to date. Doesn't help if I turn off my security software. I also don't seem to get any love from Waves Support (but never did before either).

ANY THOUGHTS OR HELP

...if I'm really honest with myself, their solutions seem pretty archaic and dated. I've been using iZotope solutions and may just completely switch with their current upgrade sale, but it's annoying that I can't reinstall software that is paid for and I'm using!

Return to “Effects”