Which fx cover the same ground as soundtoys then?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've seen this mentioned a few times so which effects replace the soundtoys ones for you? Even better if they're in the sales! :)

I already have The Drop so filters are covered. But stuff like Phase Mistress and Crystalliser? I've demoed Decapitator but wasn't blown away by it, i use Alter Boy and Little Primal Tap a lot, both great fx so been trying to decide whether to get the whole bundle or just a couple of the fx. I've got the soundtoys demo so thought it might be worth a/bing some stuff over the weekend.

Cheers!
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I was recently contemplating the Sound Toys bundle, and finally demoed it, but honestly was a bit disappointed. I felt like each plugin was pretty good, but there was a ton of overlap with a bunch of plugins I already owned. Here's some alternatives:

Cystalizer: Audio Damage Discord3, Eventide/UAD H910
Decapitator, DevilLoc, Radiator: Klanghelm SDRR, Slate Digital VCC
Echoboy, PrimalTAP: lots of delays out there
FilterFreak 1/2: Cytomic The Drop
Microshift: Valhalla Ubermod has some Dimension presets
Panman, Tremolator: Audio Damage Panstation
Phase Mistress: D16 Fazortan, Audio Damage Phase 2

Echoboy - Bootsie's Nasty DLA MkII (possibly better than echoboy)
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I was recently contemplating the Sound Toys bundle, and finally demoed it, but honestly was a bit disappointed. I felt like each plugin was pretty good, but there was a ton of overlap with a bunch of plugins I already owned. Here's some alternatives:

Cystalizer: Audio Damage Discord3, Eventide/UAD H910
Decapitator, DevilLoc, Radiator: Klanghelm SDRR, Slate Digital VCC
Echoboy, PrimalTAP: lots of delays out there
FilterFreak 1/2: Cytomic The Drop
Microshift: Valhalla Ubermod has some Dimension presets
Panman, Tremolator: Audio Damage Panstation
Phase Mistress: D16 Fazortan, Audio Damage Phase 2
Awesome thanks. I really like Soundtoys, maybe it's the preset design but i like the results i get.

Take back what i said about Decap, just used it on a bass and it nearly took my bloody head off! :hihi:

It's a shame AD plugins have no demo, all added together these would come in over the Soundtoys deal so they'd have to be better but i could just pick those up as and when. :)

Cheers!

do_androids_dream wrote:Echoboy - Bootsie's Nasty DLA MkII (possibly better than echoboy)
Really?! A lot of people online say it's unique and not easily replaced but last thing i expected was a freeware delay to be in the running, thought it would be Sigmund or something like that. There's the one from Boz which was released recently, read great things about that but i think it's $300.

Gonna give Fazortan a try anyway. I thought Devastor 2 might get a mention as well. I've got SDRR but Decapitator seems to be capable of more extreme distortion.

musikmachine wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:Echoboy - Bootsie's Nasty DLA MkII (possibly better than echoboy)
Really?! A lot of people online say it's unique and not easily replaced but last thing i expected was a freeware delay to be in the running, thought it would be Sigmund or something like that. There's the one from Boz which was released recently, read great things about that but i think it's $300.

Gonna give Fazortan a try anyway. I thought Devastor 2 might get a mention as well. I've got SDRR but Decapitator seems to be capable of more extreme distortion.
Well, if you had them side by side there's things that echoboy can do that nasty can't and vice versa but, overall, nasty dla really gives it a run for it's money in terms of sound and options imo.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:
musikmachine wrote:

Well, if you had them side by side there's things that echoboy can do that nasty can't and vice versa but, overall, nasty dla really gives it a run for it's money in terms of sound and options imo.
What options precisely, what is there in Nasty that isn't present in Echoboy?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

musikmachine wrote:

Imperial Delay is usually $149, $105 at the moment though
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Elton John wouldn't buy it at that price.

:D

I always forget I own RP-Delay, which covers a lot of ground Echoboy does.

tehlord wrote:I always forget I own RP-Delay, which covers a lot of ground Echoboy does.
RP-Delay is great!

do_androids_dream wrote:
musikmachine wrote:

For sure it's mainly in terms of sound i'm talking, ie emulating analog. Cheers!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
musikmachine wrote:

Imperial Delay is usually $149, $105 at the moment though
Ah ok, still a bit more than echoboy on it's own. Not to steer the topic towards delays but Primal Tap also has some nice capabilities under the hood, was a bit more than i expected.

They are great plugins for creating movement on tracks cause of the way you can split signal and the rhythmic sections. Filterfreak 2 still sounds pretty good and Phasemistress hits the sweetspot for a phaser.

tehlord wrote:I always forget I own RP-Delay, which covers a lot of ground Echoboy does.
True dat! I'm not hugely keen on the gui or preset management so don't use it as much, shouldn't overlook it though.

Return to “Effects”