Wanna talk GlitchMachines?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Calling plug-in addicts,

Getting quite interested in GlitchMachines plugs here...are any of you guys using them? Got anything to say? Stability, GUI, etcetera...

They seem to be along the same lines of Twisted Tools, but no Reaktor required!

Comments welcome!

They are excellent, never had any problems with them stability wise.
GUIs are quirky and need some getting used to.

If you like FSU plugs these are the Daddys
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Id highly recommend you check out Glitch Bitch before you try anything. Reason: its only like $50 and can do a lot of what Stutter Edit can but in less time. The finger tends to have problems syncing correctly, its pretty much hit and miss with some presets and not very accurate with its time settings.

And then there's all the sugar byte ones like turnado which are OK. I suggest you just try em all out and see how your cpu responds, some may crash it, others wont. For me, Stutter Edit did and Turnado on a 6 core 32g but that was with other plugins going on. These glitch plugins are supposed to be a post production tool when you're mixing with just waves and no Vis.

Grizzellda wrote:Calling plug-in addicts,

Getting quite interested in GlitchMachines plugs here...are any of you guys using them? Got anything to say? Stability, GUI, etcetera...

They seem to be along the same lines of Twisted Tools, but no Reaktor required!

Comments welcome!
They are all excellent, no stability problems and good value too. Just wish they still had resizable GUIs.

Have almost all of them. Great stuff. Font size could be bigger though :P Or resizable gui. And animated modulations of course :D But great stuff.

I luv some of their plugs. I dont have em all tho. Only the ones with a simple laid out GUI. I think alot of their stuff is too bloated and their GUIs takes too much time to get used to. Also, if you on Windows you can more or less do the same sounds with Jack Dark vsts...they are also the daddy! And they'r free:tu:

Thanks guys...what I like about Turnado is the highly flexible FX routing, and the quality of those effects. It seems to me that the GlitchMachines stuff really goes deep into the sample level manipulation, where you can start exploring Electronic Music as an art form, heh heh, if I may be so bold.

Can you imagine? Electronic Music as an art form??? Say Whaaatttt!!! :hihi: Holy shit...

Well, I will surely be exploring...but GUI - I'll tell you guys something, nowadays with technology where it is, and most everything sounding very swell, it all boils down to the GUI for me...in other words - usability.

Kinh wrote:Id highly recommend you check out Glitch Bitch before you try anything. Reason: its only like $50 and can do a lot of what Stutter Edit can but in less time. The finger tends to have problems syncing correctly, its pretty much hit and miss with some presets and not very accurate with its time settings.

And then there's all the sugar byte ones like turnado which are OK. I suggest you just try em all out and see how your cpu responds, some may crash it, others wont. For me, Stutter Edit did and Turnado on a 6 core 32g but that was with other plugins going on. These glitch plugins are supposed to be a post production tool when you're mixing with just waves and no Vis.
I would NOT recommend Glitch Bitch unless you dont need to be able to switch presets with midi. I bought it in 2014 because Vengeance said they would implement this feature which they have not.

I refuse to buy "Glitch bitch' because of the sexist name.

Never got on with them. Hard-on-eyes GUI, and the results are invariably "interesting", translate as "weird and unmusical". Yes, a poor workman etc.pp, but that's my experience with them. I prefer all my Max4Live stuff, along with Molekular, Turnado and Stutter Edit. All of these strike a good balance between weirdness and musicality. Glitchmachines almost always comes out... just... weird. YMMV.

Glitch machines make it easy to mangle your sound beyond recognition, definitely use restraint if you want subtle-ish results. Even if you're not into mangling, grab Subvert for its distortion, the Gorgon algorithm is an all time favorite of mine.

I just picked up Cataract and Quadrant in the sale. Can't wait to try them out (downloading now) :hyper:

+1 Subvert! Same goes for Gorgon!! :party:

Aren't they all sound pretty much the same though? No dissing here, don't get me wrong. It's just that each time a see & try a new plugin from them, they sound like all the previous ones.

Gorgon... I used to have that one. So Subvert is a "new version" of it? Interesting... for no holds barred, scare the neighbourhood cats to death distortion, it had no equal. Bad-ass plugin.

Return to “Effects”