Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MacOS: 10.9.5
Bitwig: 1.3.4
Analog4: 1.21B
Overbridge: 1.0.5.0 Beta

Hello,
I am trying to set up Analog four from Elektron to work as my audio input device. In this way I can route individual tracks from A4 into the audio tracks in Bitwig. I made the following set up:
Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 13.31.18.png
upon pressing ok the engine crashes with the following message:
Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 13.30.53.png
Eventually, I can bring the audio engine back ON but no sound comes out of the audio track when I select one of the A4 voices as input and play the synth, while you can see it on the Overbridge Control Panel (responsible for streaming audio over USB):
Overbridge.jpg
This set up works with Live and Ohm studio but not in Bitwig. I suspect it has something to do with the engine crash, the same happened when I tried to use an Aggregate device (Analog 4 + Scarlet 2i2).

Sorry for a lengthy post. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :tu: :phones:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

better contact the staff directly ;)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=420129

good luck!

Thanks Suloo,

I wasnt sure if it is a bug or I was doing something wrong. But thanks for the link, I have forwarded the description to Bitwig staff

Overbridge is currently only working reliably with Live... that is my understanding anyway as I have not installed Overbridge yet

one curiosity...do you use analog four at 96000? i have a tr8 at 96 become too heavy for a complex project...hope they do like in ableton

i use aggregate device not individual in and out

You don't need to have the audio interface be the analog 4 to record its tracks. You can use your regular audio interface and still record the a4 over its USB connection. With that said OB doesn't work very well in bitwig. Elektron only cares about ableton live it seems.

Oh they do not.
They were very eager to learn about their devices in combination with other DAWs.
Give it time.

owensands wrote:You don't need to have the audio interface be the analog 4 to record its tracks. You can use your regular audio interface and still record the a4 over its USB connection. With that said OB doesn't work very well in bitwig. Elektron only cares about ableton live it seems.
Thanks for the reply. I also tried it in the way you describe it. Actually it was the first thing I did but it also doesnt work for me. Since live is so widely used it will be always supported earlier, but maybe this will change in the future.

so far no updates from Elektron on the 1.0 release for other DAWs

Return to “Bitwig”