Unable to automate D16's Lush101

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, first post.

I recently picked up Lush 101 from D16 through the black friday deal. It's a fantastic sounding synth. But, when I attempt to add in an automation lane for the synth, Bitwig does not recognize any of its parameters. In the Bitwig device chain in the Device view all of the parameters read as "Parameter 1", "Parameter 2", instead of "Envelope 1 Attack", or "Oscillator Hard Sync", and I'm unable to automate anything.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Pretty bummed about it, this is such a great synth.

thanks.

Hi.

You need to add the parameters in Lush first. Click de OPTIONS button at the top left of the ui, and then click on the PARAMETERS tab and there you can assign the parameters you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It boils down to the LuSH-101 having many more automatable parameters, given the 8 layers, than the VST specification permits to be automated, a maximum of 128. For this reason D16 chose not to assign anything by default and have left it up to you to map its parameters to your DAW for automation. The manual is worth reading as with any synth.

LuSH-101 Manual wrote:Due to the fact that the number of sound parameters in LuSH-101 synthesizer is counted in thousands, and the parameters automation assured by the host application accordingly with VST/AU technologies allows to use max. 128 automatable parameters, we can map/assign the chosen internal parameters of the synthesizer on 128 automatable (from the host level) general usage parameters in the Parameters tab.
To make life easier, the ability to save your mappings exists via the Parameters tab in the Options pop-up. Alternatively you can MIDI learn your keyboard within LuSH to the controls you desire and then manually record your automation into Bitwig Studio. You can save your MIDI mappings too from the Midi control tab again in the Options.

Return to “Bitwig”