API560 Emulation other than Waves?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder why no developer tries to copy API560. Are there any rights or patents involved for the design? Really like the hardware for the workflow the seleted freqs and the q behaviour and considered to get an vst version but just found the Waves one (and I do not use Waves - do not ask please)

Do you know something?

THXIA
rabbit in a hole

IK Multimedia EQ PG

TritoneDigital ClassicTone-560 (only for Mac)

and uad

Api 550 in dmg equilibrium, rectangular window mode + high fir rate = heaven :)

http://web.archive.org/web/201205131509 ... gspot.com/

10EQ: it's an old synthmaker plugin, but the box dot com link on the archived web page still works for the download.
they also do a couple other "inspired-by" plugins like an SSL-style eq, a leveling amp-style compressor, and a Great River eq.

old and unsupported, but 560-style EQ with proportional Q nonetheless.

I've been looking for an API550B emulation......besides Waves.

The IK looks interesting though.

Axis, by Sly-fi. It's mod heavy, but Gregs take on this stuff is great!

Twrogstudio wrote:Axis, by Sly-fi. It's mod heavy, but Gregs take on this stuff is great!
wow, this looked exactly what I was looking for......until I found it needed ilok...

Iris. A wrote:
Twrogstudio wrote:Axis, by Sly-fi. It's mod heavy, but Gregs take on this stuff is great!
wow, this looked exactly what I was looking for......until I found it needed ilok...
Yes, hardware version too. That's the hang w all their stuff, like stuff from their relative Kush. Shame.

Beatworld wrote:TritoneDigital ClassicTone-560 (only for Mac)

that's actually a really good one.. i compared head to head with waves and IK on exact same boosts and source material, and the tritone was one of the loveliest graphic EQ's i ever tried.

Shame they didn't do a PC version.. i believe it uses some sort of convolution.

TheoM wrote:
Beatworld wrote:TritoneDigital ClassicTone-560 (only for Mac)

that's actually a really good one.. i compared head to head with waves and IK on exact same boosts and source material, and the tritone was one of the loveliest graphic EQ's i ever tried.
I like it, don't feel the need for another 560 that is for certain.

plugin & mix's PM-retro-eq

http://www.plugandmix.com/products/p871 ... Equalizer/

its a API 550A

Api EQ are know for having different Q when boosint or cutting...the more u boost the more sharp the Q becomes of the fixed Band frequencies
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Iris. A wrote:
Does Sly Fi not allow soft iLok?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

They do not, not in Sly-fi or Kush clothing. Hardware only. Spoke w Kush about that via email, they say the software version is less secure, and I'm sure they're right, but I'm still not going there, not worth it to me.

Return to “Effects”