Expression maps?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anyone have feature requested like the feature Expression maps in cubase?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNTNNhXrsxs

I like to feature request that just wanted to see if there is many who made that
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

DP & Logic are your best bets for this sort of functionality (in addition to Cubase from your post) & some might include ProTools. DP / Logic / Cubase are widely used in the Scoring & Music for Picture Community. However, the live/performance DAWs (Ableton , BWS) really do not cater to this crowd and both do not include scoring modules/views.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

musiclover55547 wrote:However, the live/performance DAWs (Ableton,BWS) really do not cater to this crowd and both do not include scoring modules/views.
What do you mean by "scoring modules/views"? Did you mean video import? Ableton Live 9 does have movie import functionality. Daniel James uses Ableton Live exclusively and he is a well known film and game composer. Because of him, there are more and more people who are starting to use Ableton Live in the film/game scoring world. So I don't think it's fair to say that Ableton "do not cater to this crowd".

Even FL Studio 12 which is highly regarded as being one of the top DAWs for electronic music allows for "movie import" with their Video Player 2 plugin, AND FL has this: http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&t=128904, which is basically their answer to the Expression Maps that the OP mentioned. Still in Beta, but there none the less.

So if both Ableton and FL Studio, who supposedly only cater to the EDM crowd have video import functionality (and something similar to Expression Maps in FL), I think it's safe to expect that Bitwig follow in suit as well.

takaii wrote:I like to feature request that just wanted to see if there is many who made that
By the way Takaii, I have sent in a feature request for this.

I mean musical scores -- or if you know the term "sheet music." The traditional (linear) DAWs mentioned all have this functionality built in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

musiclover55547 wrote:I mean musical scores -- or if you know the term "sheet music." The traditional (linear) DAWs mentioned all have this functionality built in.
Oh I see, you meant like the Score Editor in Logic, got 'cha. I actually use the term 'notation' a lot instead of sheet music or 'scores'. I own and use Sibelius 7 for when I need that type of thing (I also transcribe music as a profession).

So I don't know whether you know this or not, but the Expression Maps in Cubase actually also work without the 'score' view. You do the programming within the Piano Roll. I would absolutely love for something like this to be implemented in BWS, but if we can't have it, I would at least like to see the ability to easily switch between MIDI Channels on the same instrument track. But I agree, we DO NOT need a Score Editor in BWS at all, and I think that the BWS team do not intend to include it as a feature anyway.

Expression maps is not musical scores or midi programming specific. It is so you have kind a pinaoroll under the pianoroll that shows the name for expressions like legato etc. Check pic.

Please future request this.!
expression.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

anp27 wrote:
takaii wrote:I like to feature request that just wanted to see if there is many who made that
By the way Takaii, I have sent in a feature request for this.
:hug: :clap: :pray:

takaii wrote:Expression maps is not musical scores or midi programming specific. It is so you have kind a pinaoroll under the pianoroll that shows the name for expressions like legato etc. Check pic.

it is super low in my priority list... I don't use any plugins that would use it... so it is at the very end!

pdxindy wrote:
takaii wrote:Expression maps is not musical scores or midi programming specific. It is so you have kind a pinaoroll under the pianoroll that shows the name for expressions like legato etc. Check pic.

it is super low in my priority list... I don't use any plugins that would use it... so it is at the very end!
Your life is not center of universe. A lot of people use kontakt that use expressions and some fewer use something similear. I feel that your post is useless and only contradict to your needs and doesnt look at the whole pictur. As you dont use it you shouldnt write negative one. Like your needs are pritority in this world. All you could do is ignore showing and show support for areas that is important to you. TO raise what is important to everyone all over general picture instead

Another idea with expression maps is instead would be happy with renaming notes in pianoroll like reaper also. this way you can have notes with name like legato etc also. Which its like anyway just a specific view. Avoiding cluttering

takaii wrote:Your life is not center of universe. A lot of people use kontakt that use expressions and some fewer use something similear. I feel that your post is useless and only contradict to your needs and doesnt look at the whole pictur. As you dont use it you shouldnt write negative one. Like your needs are pritority in this world. All you could do is ignore showing and show support for areas that is important to you.
+1
takaii wrote:Another idea with expression maps is instead would be happy with renaming notes in pianoroll like reaper also. this way you can have notes with name like legato etc also.
There is already a workaround for this:http://answers.bitwig.com/questions/441 ... thout-them

+1
YES PLEASE BITWIG!!!!

Not sure if this is what you're looking for: Synthetic Orchestra » BRSO Articulate REAPER BETA v0.2 http://www.syntheticorchestra.com/articulatereaper/

John Reagan wrote:Not sure if this is what you're looking for: Synthetic Orchestra » BRSO Articulate REAPER BETA v0.2 http://www.syntheticorchestra.com/articulatereaper/
Then check video if u are not sure. refer to expression maps in cubase

Return to “Bitwig”