A Dance With The Robot

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is futuristic aspect of humans and AI using the Tango as a metaphor.

This is mostly electronic using PPG Phonem, Diva and Alchemy. Also a few orchestral instruments.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/a-d ... e-robotaif

interesting sound design. good composition as it flows right along but it seems to get out of sync on occasion. the mix was ok, lacking some high end sizzle and the lows came over kind of muddy.
Last edited by layzer on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

nm
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:interesting sound design. good composition as it flows right along but it seems to get out of sync on occasion. the mix was ok, lacking some high end sizzle and the lows came over kind of muddy.
Thanks for comments.

Yeah, the rythm gets off a hair at the beginning of the chorus. I tapped the voice in as the rhythm and it's proving difficult to use because the length of the sound seems to change right there which throws it all off. I'll give it another go. I'm also fair new using Logic Pro X.

As far as high end, maybe I need to punch up the EQ a little but it could also be the lows bringing it all down. The GPO percussion sonically isn't the best for the bottom when using electronic sounds. I'll see what I can come up with to replace that.

I did a major note by note overhaul of the rhythms, remix and replaced the Garritan samples with SoundIron and ERWQLS samples. Much cleaner I think.

Note: The SoundIron drum seems to stand out more in a few spots on the left in the verses using my AKG 271 phones but I don't hear that running through my Event TR-8 monitors. Weird.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/a-d ... -the-robot

Nice instrumental tune ... pleasant melody lines and sounds

I liked the first version but your remix is definitely an improvement :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

markkuja wrote:Nice instrumental tune ... pleasant melody lines and sounds
Thanks much!

folderol wrote:I liked the first version but your remix is definitely an improvement :tu:
Yes, I'm much happier with this mix. Thanks for affirming that.

Return to “Music Cafe”