Wusik DAW ZO

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, Wusik expands into DAW territory, by late summer '16:
New cross-platform Digital Audio Workstation stand alone application. This is by far the biggest project I have ever worked on, but I'm totally sure that something good will come out of this. It will allow you to create sequences by hosting VST and AU plugins, maybe other formats too. Windows and MAC compatible. This project also replaces Wusik SEQ, so if your pre ordered it, you will receive this product instead. I will have more information about this project later on.
http://www.wusik.com/ww/purchase

Cool

Question is what will it offer vs. other DAWs? Anything new and exciting? The last thing needed is just another DAW.
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

Things are moving so fast in the Wusik world that I think it must be a horse head ahead of the competition 8)

There was just a group buy for Wusik Station v8, and already there is a new group buy for Wusik Station X (doing a Windows, skipping no 9 )

Meh. Unless I can write and manipulate MIDI and audio on the fly in realtime, Play and control (params) VSTs with my voice as well as realtime audio to midi conversion, quickly assign params to controllers while performing, change the BPM at any given moment by having the app follow my playing for a specified bar duration (like looper pedals but with the difference being the DAW actually reads and sets the bpm. Like tap tempo on steroids), load the app without installation (like Mulab), beatslice audio on the fly, rearrange the slices and save to a new track all in realtime (did i mention in realtime?) and bake a cake with a joystick...i have no interest.
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

My concern is this developer may be overextending themselves. I guess we'll see. Two of the new products are replacements for things he sold on preorder already, I dunno, that's not ideal.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:My concern is this developer may be overextending themselves
Them?

Isn't Wusik William only?

I get the impression a lot of projects get started, and then get replaced by new projects or scrapped... be interesting to see what the Host will be tho. If its a clean and simple seq that works well, it will be a refreshing change from all the bloated stuff thats currently available.

a brain controlled DAW would be nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4zaPWBmvCs
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I am jazzed that William is so productive, but am still wondering about improving WS8 compatiblity with WS7 presets....
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Yeah, it is a big workload from the sound of it:
- Wuzik DAW ZO New Cross Platform Digital Audio Workstation (Stand Alone Application)

- Wusik Synth RZ New Cross Platform Plugin

- Digital & Organic XPressions (DO XPress) New Sounds for Wusik Station V6/V7/V8

- Wusik Station X Update for Wusik Station, Cross Platform Plugin

- Wusik MOD One Update for Wusik 8000, Cross Platform Plugin
My issue is he sells licenses for products that don't yet exist, I don't mean a late stage beta intro price, but way early, and he has a history of not following through, replacing things, if I preordered something, I would expect I would get that thing, not something else. I dunno. I don't have much faith in these products all making it out the door, or even some of them done as well as if he just focussed on making one thing incredibly well.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I know I can be out of touch with today's youth (understatement) and I'm sure the developer is a smart and good guy... but what am I missing here?

Do people really "pre-order" things in advance that they've both never even seen yet + never demoed or tried? Or is that more a crowd funding thing?

I mean, I can't even find an image or screenshot of the new daw on the website... maybe just missed it though.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawrenceF wrote:I know I can be out of touch with today's youth (understatement) and I'm sure the developer is a smart and good guy... but what am I missing here?

Do people really "pre-order" things in advance that they've both never even seen yet + never demoed or tried? Or is that more a crowd funding thing?
Hey... it works in the model railroad hobby. Why not here? :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

William has been around here almost since KVR started, and this has been the same pattern for all these years. I swore I was done after Wusik 4000 was released in what looked to me to be a rough beta stage, only to immediately be replaced by Wusik 8000. But then the deal to upgrade to the latest Wusikstation was such a pittance that I couldn't pass it up, and got Wusik 8000 thrown in for free.

The thing is, William is a genuinely decent guy, and a talented developer who makes good products. For years people have been saying that he needs a partner to run the business side and let him just focus on coding. That isn't likely to happen, so the choice we all have to make is whether to fund a new product which may or may not ever get built, possibly to be replaced by something entirely different. I've decided that his prices are so low that I'm willing to accept that risk, and something interesting will probably turn up eventually.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

^^^ Makes much more sense now. ^^^ If you know the guy and all that and your expectations are being managed, and it's not a fortune anyway.

Thanks for explaining it to me. It seemed bizarre, not even a prototype to look over, until I read your post.

Thanks.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”