Telecaster Dreams

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This piece has nothing but guitar, my incredible American made Telecaster. Most of the compression come from my Seymopur Duncan Vise Grip, a great pedal, some, my Zoom modelled optical in my MS50 pedal. All the rest of the effects are from U-he, his MFM2, his free Protoverb, and the pitchshifter and phaser from Uhbik.
IF you like this one, the piece I did before it is very different, but once again, I used effects only from U-he, but it has lots of percussion, bass duplicated on a Monopoly and electric bass and tons of guitar tracks. That one's called Evolution: Mapping Ecstasy.

https://soundcloud.com/raven-2741/earth ... otic-codes

That's a refreshing change. Very nice work.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Works well...nicely controlled effects and processing.

Love to hear a more full band arrangement at some point?

Actually Mark, I thought as much the day after, but adding only a drum track, no bass so as to keep it unique and unusual. I must have at least a hundred tracks of this nature and of equal quality stored on SIMM cards for my looping pedal and seeing as this work seems to have gotten scores more listens than works in which I put far more time and effort into, maybe I'll suss out some of the best ones and do a few more of these types.

Geoff, I see your point....sometimes the simple version is can be the 'best' one. I have a definite tendency to sometimes over-develop pieces; I have to constantly remind myself about it! :0)

The solo guitar one here works very well indeed for me; it's just that I could also 'hear' a full rock group version in my head! :0)

Well, if you listen to Evolution:Mapping Ecstasy Mark, you'll definitely hear something a little more like the type you have a tendency towards. :D

Evolution:Mapping Ecstasy...

Having a couple of listens on Sound Cloud as I type:

Very organic development.
Quite late Renaissance / early Baroque in certain ways + a bit of 20th Century Minimalism in there as well - very much based around melodies that weave around each other rather than any underlying harmonies.
Lovely combination of timbres in there + clever use of FX and processing.
Good overall production well....tight, punchy and warm.

For me this is not over-developed...it's just right! :0)

Hey Cham, et al, I re-did this, left all original guitar parts exactly the same, but added a Synthmaster bass patch I made up and drums from Steinberg along with some U-he effects and a Steinberg compressor on the drums too. I can't believe how different the whole things feels now, but I really like the change in feel. It's now more like funk groove things with the way I arranged the bass and drums.

https://soundcloud.com/raven-2741/earth ... ic-codes-1
Last edited by rockmachine on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nice instrumental - organic developing guitar lines - slightly
psycholdelic in the style of the 70ties.

At the middle of the track it becomes a little crowded -
2 paralell guitar lines - maybe here's a possible approach
to improve this instrumental.

Good track!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Your right...so different now!

New version has an edge of 'Yes' about it!

Only thing now is I expect it to 'break out' and move in a new direction at some point...to grow even further...change of key...Wakeman-esque keyboard solo...lead vocals...tight backing vocal harmonies! :0)

Funny Mark, I also thought it went by too damn quickly, I had to go to the original file as I thought maybe somehow I had forgotten a part or something. :D A musician's work is never done! :dog:

Return to “Music Cafe”