Windows Beta GUI Question

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great to see the Windows version Beta, thanks ! One quick question if I may. The skin graphics files have an extension of .s1x does anyone know how to edit these files or is the idea that we're not supposed to edit them ? I'd like to do a color edit of the version 3 default to suit my eyes better. Is there a "development" version of the default with the graphics files in .png format ? Just curious how people will develop third party skins for Sylenth version 3. I can see the need for a proprietary format to protect artists who don't want their work edited or altered and respect their wishes but the Default skin should be open format otherwise it's not really user skinning although I don't really see anywhere that "user skinning" is mentioned as a official new feature. :)

Not being a fan of brown and being a huge fan of grey as a color that I can view for long periods without eye strain I would do something like this (taken from a screenshot, not an actual skin edit and not complete):

I'd probably also change the light buttons to a blueish hue and other tweaks. Not saying this is better than the default at all just saying that it would be better for my eyes.......no disrespect intended....... :)

The following link has a lot of skins for version 2.2 that required hacking the .dll. Now that changing skins is possible it would be great to be able to have official versions of these skins:

http://www.vstskins.com/skins/lennar-digital/sylenth1
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Great to see the Windows version Beta, thanks ! One quick question if I may. The skin graphics files have an extension of .s1x does anyone know how to edit these files or is the idea that we're not supposed to edit them ?
The skins are encrypted to protect copyrights on the skin for the designer.

Sylenth1 now has a great option to create your own skins. The oldskool skin is included to demonstrate some of the skinning functionality. You can create your own images and reposition them to your likings.

Lennard wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Great to see the Windows version Beta, thanks ! One quick question if I may. The skin graphics files have an extension of .s1x does anyone know how to edit these files or is the idea that we're not supposed to edit them ?

Sylenth1 now has a great option to create your own skins. The oldskool skin is included to demonstrate some of the skinning functionality. You can create your own images and reposition them to your likings.
Thanks, is there any way we could get the Default version 3 skin to edit please ? It's of better quality than the Oldskool skin. I only want to do a simple color edit. I don't have the talent or skill to create a skin from scratch. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Lennard wrote:

Seems the Classic Skin is encrypted as well. Even the XML file is unreadable.

Where is this great option to create your own skins, and how can we edit the Classic Skin when the included assets are encrypted? All the Classic Skin files in the Windows install are in .s1x format

The only one that is unlocked is the Oldskool skin so people would have to work from it's .xml file. I can understand and support the desire to protect artist's work and in the long run that protection might inspire others to create skins for Sylenth. It's just in my opinion the Default should be unlocked as well since it is of much higher quality. It would allow people to make quick edits to suite their own tastes. :shrug:

oops.. I guess it would help if I looked in the right skin for unencrypted files. derp

I cobbled this together using files freely available on the net:
It works in version 3 but doesn't scale up very well............. :?

Teksonik wrote:It works in version 3 but doesn't scale up very well............. :?
Just create a folder named "Scale 200" to create a 200% higher resolution version of your skin. Sylenth1 will create the images for you by simply rescaling the 100% version. After that you can replace them with your own high quality images.

When creating skins it's of course best to start with a high resolution version (you can add any scale you like) and then downscale it instead of the other way around ;)

Thanks but I don't have that kind of skill/talent. I just found that older background image on the internet and simply dropped it into a copy of the Oldskool folder. My "talent" is limited to simply recoloring and tweaking existing graphics like the first screenshot above. I like the Default version 3 skin but I just wish I could change the brown and green panels. :)

A Google search for "Sylenth 1 skins" yields some pretty interesting results....and a few pretty wild eye popping skins as well...... :o :hihi:

For privacy reasons, in my view "Licensed to XYZ" should disappear from the main GUI and only be shown on demand, for instance when selecting the About screen.

Will the new version support mouse wheel operation of controls? Seems to be more and more common these days :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:For privacy reasons, in my view "Licensed to XYZ" should disappear from the main GUI and only be shown on demand, for instance when selecting the About screen.

Will the new version support mouse wheel operation of controls? Seems to be more and more common these days :)
But then how would anyone know when producers are using cracked copies on production videos/computer music/future music studio? ;)

For the record I simply black out my "Licensed to" name on any screenshots I post......... :wink:

Teksonik wrote:For the record I simply black out my "Licensed to" name on any screenshots I post......... :wink:
Yes, with a mere screenshot it's no problem. But some people might want to make tutorial videos, and not wish to reveal their names, despite owning a legal copy.

Wow you're really stretching there....... :lol:

fluffy_little_something wrote:For privacy reasons, in my view "Licensed to XYZ" should disappear from the main GUI and only be shown on demand, for instance when selecting the About screen.

Already implemented.

Return to “LennarDigital”