Bruckners Romantic - Romance on the backseat of a hybrid car remix by Michael Wöstefeld

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

https://soundcloud.com/michael-w-2/bruc ... -wostefeld

this is my contribution to the remix contest 2015-16 of the DSO Berlin. Every single sound (except the drums) is made from the original samples via pitching, time stretching and a feedback processing effect loosely based on neural networks, realised with NI Reaktor.
The time signature is 15/8.

I hope you enjoy :-) Criticism or positive feedback welcome!

Some further informations:

Original samples preprocessed in Steinberg Cubase 5, Paulstretch, selfmade feedback network in NI Reaktor 5

Arranged with Steinberg Cubase 5

Samples played and resynthesized via NI Kontakt 5 (NO additional synthesizer plugins used - pure sampling)

All FX from the NI Komplete 10 pack except Freeverb2 and Red Phatt Pro on the drum bus and
Limiter №6 on the mixbus

Finally mixed and summed analogue on 4 stereo busses

I heard a few of the top entries for this compo last year, and 1 of this years other entries. The standard seems to be very high, and your piece is no exception. You've done some great work with the audio processing on here, and managed to create some great sounds and a very listenable piece of music. 15/8 works very well here.

Good work and good luck :)

I had never heard of this contest before, but I just looked it up, and it looks like a fascinating challenge. Your track is really good, too - moody, but with momentum and an interesting mix of sounds. Thanks for sharing!

seismic1 wrote:I heard a few of the top entries for this compo last year, and 1 of this years other entries. The standard seems to be very high, and your piece is no exception. You've done some great work with the audio processing on here, and managed to create some great sounds and a very listenable piece of music. 15/8 works very well here.

Good work and good luck :)
Thanks alot. I like those contests to get away from my own stuff. For me, it´s some kind of "going on vacation" using sounds and melodies which are already predefined. Although I´ve edited most lines and pitched single notes to fit into my context.

davidstiles wrote:I had never heard of this contest before, but I just looked it up, and it looks like a fascinating challenge. Your track is really good, too - moody, but with momentum and an interesting mix of sounds. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks David, perhaps we can listen to an entry of yours next year? :wink:

michat wrote: Thanks David, perhaps we can listen to an entry of yours next year? :wink:
I am definitely interested in seeing if I can make that happen next winter!

davidstiles wrote:
michat wrote: Thanks David, perhaps we can listen to an entry of yours next year? :wink:
I am definitely interested in seeing if I can make that happen next winter!
That´d be great. I recently listened to some of your orchestral works and I love them!

I too was unfamiliar with this contest. One of the more interesting contests I have heard of.

Best of luck. Your entry certainly deserves to do well.

Return to “Music Cafe”