"remember where you are" (new mostly ambient piece from dysamoria)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Excellent! Minimal and mysterious. You packed a lot of drama into 3.5 minutes. Great mix too.

Thank you very much, Frantz. I was worrying that I let myself put too much in it to be minimal, and not enough to be complete :-O
:-D
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Hi Jace. The Downward Spiral/The Fragile force is strong on here. The slow, rising bassline, the piano and the metallic drone all work well together. The drone seems to take on a vocal character towards the end. Very enjoyable.

Good work :)

Thanks, seismic1 :-)

I am definitely influenced by those albums. Hopefully I'm also doing my own thing, too, but I'm too close to my own stuff to see it objectively.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Great track Jace. Beautiful sounds beautifully placed... The drone has a great character to it, no wonder you based this piece on it!
Really like the ticking lead (bit like a koto...)
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thank you, Allomerus :-)

If by drone you mean the ambient sounds: Truth be told, those sounds were added to the track near the end to fill out the frequency space. They're two different snapshots from a batch of many custom snapshots I made in Reaktor's Metaphysical Function (not sure which version).

I've been trying to focus on melody and form more than sound design, so the musical structure was created as an improv a couple years ago with a preset on my Alesis Fusion 8HD (I neglect my hardware synths too much!), and then reinforced with piano and bass.

The ambient sounds weren't modeled to fit the tune and the tune wasn't shaped to fit the ambient sounds. I created each of those elements independently and fit them together as felt appropriate.

The lead plucked string is a customized patch from Structure, the physical modeling instrument in Logic. Structure really does a great job of modeling plucked strings and instrument bodies. I wish I had more actual acoustic instruments on hand, since I need the practice and diversity of sounds (there's a real live mandolin in a few of my other pieces), but Structure has impressed me as a sound source (treated inside itself or via plugins on top of it).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Sounds beautiful here. I like how you managed to make that piece move...very inspiring, thank you!!!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Thank you very much, trimph1 :-) I'm very happy to have inspired :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Music Cafe”