Blind Test

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This looks like a good idea.
Maybe you could incorporate a feature like this in MCompare?

http://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/4u-blindtest/
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Hmmm, how? :D I don't see so much relation with that. Of course, there could be a button that would choose random source or something.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

It would be helpful for comparing different versions of a master or different stages of the fx chain. If we can't see which we are listening to, it will force us to choose which we like best by ONLY using our ears.

You can use the A/B button to toggle between the current and last used A-H preset. I use this to do blind tests occasionally, but it obviously only allows switching between two presets which maybe isn't enough for you.

why dont you want to use the hofa plugin? it is free and made for this purpose. no need to modify another plugin which is dedicated to other functionality.

It doesn't have to be in MCompare, it could be a new plugin as MBlindTest.
I will use the hofa one. I would prefer to use exclusively Melda and though Vojtech would like the idea.

Vectorwarrior have you read the page I linked? The idea is you DON'T know which one you are listening to.

Yeah I did, I just close my eyes and keep switching the A/B button and it serves the same purpose. Unless I'm missing something?

Clicking on “Shuffle” will anonymise the tracks and put them into a random order. Now you can switch around between the different signals to judge them objectively: Assign a ranking and add your comments about your aural impressions. Later you can uncover the track names.

You can also run a sequence in which you shuffle and evaluate several times. This way you get average ratings, creating your personal sound study. The comments will be summarized, so that you can check if your aural impression was always the same.

Ah, sorry, i presumed it was just the 'blind test' aspect, not all the other functionality. That is pretty sweet, agreed.

So, the solution via "button that selects a random source" seems fine?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Not really.

It can be done with a 1 button operation:
The button would hide the names of the sources and shuffle them. A second press of the button would simply show the names again.

Example:
I could press the button and not know which source is which? Then I can spend some time comparing them and decide which one I like best. Then press the button again to reveal the names and find out what I was listening to.

Understand. We'll see, I'll add it to to-do list.
Vojtech

Great, thanks!

Return to “MeldaProduction”