No
67%
?
6%

Total votes: 66

RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Dark Zebra Zebra Zebralette

Personally I never use Zebralette. Do you? Why if so?
rabbit in a hole

Limitations force me to look for simple "solutions".

The obstacle is the path.
Most people wouldn't know good music if it bit them in the ass. –FZ

I see no reason to ever use it when I have Zebra. Redundant.

Zebralette works well in a drum rack cause it is easy on resources

yes, for simple, easy and fast sketching, layering and doubling. But not that often.

pdxindy wrote:Zebralette works well in a drum rack cause it is easy on resources
I do this quite a bit as well.

I got Zebra on december, maybe Zebralette will grown on my taste sometime in the future. But now I'm in a Zebra honeymoon.

No.

UncleAge wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Zebralette works well in a drum rack cause it is easy on resources
I do this quite a bit as well.
Ditto. When I consider those days where "resources" includes my brain, it's a perfect fit. Sometimes "less is more". :tu:
Last edited by The Traveler on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.” ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Lots - Zebralette is basically a complete Zebra osc but without filters and all the other stuff, so it makes it easy to focus purely on getting a great osc sound, then you can load it into Zebra as a single osc (just via the preset menu) and start building from there (or save it as an osc preset).

If I wouldn't have Zebra, I would surely use Zebralette!

But it has a sort of magic through it's simplicity thus I would probably mind to see it gone if that would be the case... :cry:

Zebralette is a great simpler tool if you just want to go in and experiment with something like the Oscillator effects or to look and listen to oscillator waveforms. I did this work using nothing but Zebralette, and Waldorf's Attack for drums. I used a few effects too, including Uhbiks and ZRev for reverb on the drum parts.
https://soundcloud.com/raven-2741/outer ... ner-spaces

I tried Zebralette a couple of times and it doesn't sound as good as Zebra, so I did not see the need in using it again, even if it is a good learning tool. Perhaps I'm missing an opportunity.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

rockmachine wrote:Zebralette is a great simpler tool if you just want to go in and experiment with something like the Oscillator effects or to look and listen to oscillator waveforms. I did this work using nothing but Zebralette, and Waldorf's Attack for drums. I used a few effects too, including Uhbiks and ZRev for reverb on the drum parts.
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https: ... ces</span>
rockmachine I like that track...except for the main kickdrum thing running through it. Way too loud and doesn't suit. Take that out and it would be great. 8) I am really impressed that it is mostly Zebralette.

I have personally never used Zebralette :oops: as I have Zebra. Maybe I should try it.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Return to “u-he”