can i achieve feedback like Valhalla Shimmer with other reverb?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

feedback like Valhalla Shimmer or echoboy.

but let's say i wanna use feedback with altiverb.
is it possible?

Assuming you mean the pitch shifted feedback effects in Shimmer, pitch-shifting can't be done with any convolution based effect (e.g. Altiverb) by nature AFAIK. I assume there are other plugs that can do it (hopefully someone can chip in with suggestions), but you'd be firmly in algorithmic verb territory. About a decade or so ago I used to use KTGranulator to achieve these effects. Not a reverb, but you could feed the granulator's output back into the input to get that 'runaway shift' effect.

If you happen to own Guitar rig, you can use Psyche delay to achieve aomething similar. Just use the pitch parameter and set pitch range to +12 or +24 and play with feedback and time.
Composer, animator, video producer and web designer
http://www.juhanalehtiniemi.com

With the native reverb, throw a Tool in the tank and adjust gain to make it feed back the sound. Freq shifter and extreme flanger settings can get quite interesting as well (in the reverb tank). Bitwig doesn't come with a pitch shifter, but if you've got one, you can throw that in the tank as well.

On Windows (and 32 bit at that) there's the Aux Bus Set which acts like the native Audio Receiver, except without the limitations, ie. you can create feedbacks with it (and put whatever you want in the feedback loop while you're at it). http://www.solidsoundstudio.net/

edit: a cool effect can be had by putting a Audio MOD in the tank, and then two tools inside the MOD. Two just to be on the safe side. Then set it to modulate the tools' amplitudes negatively. Then when you use one of the tools to dial up the amplitude, and it starts getting real loud, the MOD will automatically dial the amplitude down. Of course, when it's low enough again, the MOD doesn't take effect any more and the volume gets loud again and this goes on and on and you get a never ending reverb, which doesn't go into the red (the channel fader better not be at 0, though). Noise. <3 <3

Return to “Bitwig”