Voxengo OldSkoolVerb Plus reverb plugin released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OldSkoolVerb OldSkoolVerb Plus

7-Feb-2016: Voxengo is happy to announce the release of OldSkoolVerb Plus - an algorithmic reverberation plug-in for professional music production applications. This plug-in is an extended version of freeware OldSkoolVerb plug-in. OldSkoolVerb Plus plug-in implements a kind of “classic” stereo reverb algorithm which is technically simple yet optimal. It produces a very clear spatial image that blends well with the mix.

OldSkoolVerb Plus offers you a comprehensive set of parameters permitting you to achieve various reverbs ranging from plate reverb to room reverb to hall reverb sound. OldSkoolVerb Plus is suited all kinds of sounds, both percussive, hard-attack sounds like drums and picked guitars, and soft-attack sounds like vocals, piano and pad sounds.

In comparison to freeware OldSkoolVerb plug-in, the Plus version features an additional spatialization module which provides additional control over reverb’s spatial image and greatly increases reverb’s density.

OldSkoolVerb Plus features:
  • Plate, room and hall reverbs
  • 5 reverb modes
  • Reverb mode editor
  • Spatialization module
  • Stereo processing
  • Preset manager
  • Undo/redo history
  • A/B comparisons
  • Contextual hint messages
  • All sample rates support
  • Zero processing latency
OldSkoolVerb Plus is available for on-line purchase for $49.95. Demo version of OldSkoolVerb Plus can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/product/oldskoolverbplus/

Nice! Checking it out, so far so good, love the spatial options and size of it.

old skool verb is my absolute favourite reverb plugin out of all the free ones. Nice to see it getting some love.

Aleksey, do you have any plans to do aax in the future?

I've got AAX working, but still need to have a couple of things fixed. No hurry, though.

Very COOL!
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:I've got AAX working, but still need to have a couple of things fixed. No hurry, though.
:clap: :clap: :clap: YAYYYY!!!!! :tu: :tu:

Wow, very very good reverb !
See (and hear of course) what's under the hood in the "Plus" version 8) :love:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Testing the demo right now. I LOVE old school stuff (I was even going to buy a minimoog old school, but that's another story).
Anyway, just a tip for the AU version, the component folder linked in the DMG is the system one. I'm using all of my plugins in the user one. An installer with options might be better.

Anyway, love the sound and love the rim around the knobs with the values! Will definitely consider this.
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

PeterL wrote:Wow, very very good reverb !
Thanks! Well, it's in no way "perfect" reverb in my opinion (it can sound swishing-warped a bit on bass drums), but on a lot of sound sources it sounds quite good, especially due to its Spatial module (in comparison to the free OldSkoolVerb plugin).

I'll add a Plain mode in the future update which produces flatter bass drum reverb sounds, and also sounds even more "old skool".
OpCount=12
VolRamp=-4
DlyRamp=2.5
LenRamp=2
CrossGain=-8
RampType=LogUp

While I havent tried this version yet whats great about the free version is you can tweak all the parameters in realtime without any nasty audible effects like alot of other reverb effects have.

Not many reverbs you can smoothly tweak the size and time related parameters without glitchy artifacts being generated.

Ive been using the step generators in Bitwig to Automate Pre delay, Space and Time and it just works seamlessly!!

:D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

TheoM wrote:old skool verb is my absolute favourite reverb plugin out of all the free ones. Nice to see it getting some love.
Yes I've always liked its sound too.

'Spaceous' should be 'Spacious'

Can't see the price on the plugin page

http://www.voxengo.com/product/oldskoolverbplus/

How do you turn the plugin to 100% wet - I see gain controls but not mix?

aMUSEd wrote:
How do you turn the plugin to 100% wet - I see gain controls but not mix?
That one is easy - simply click on "dry mute". Using is as an insert is more problematic due to the lacking mix control.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Thanks - that wasn't in the free version I was trying but I ran the last update and it's there now - although I still feel a mix knob would provide more options (for insert too) and it doesn't have a lock. Lack of arrows for presets is also a problem but otherwise the gui seems very configurable (although I wish I could remove the fake grain).

I have the free version, and I think it's very good, one of my two best reverbs.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9#p6423449

Return to “Effects”