simulanalog guitarsuite any replacments (32bit only) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Suggestion to replace this nice set of plugins? Freeware prefered

http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm

TIA

Edit: I also miss Phase90 and Saro by Antti :(
rabbit in a hole

Most of the freeware for guitar has been left behind a few years. I'd look for Mokafix effects if I were you, and then save a bit up for a few good cabinet IR's and use something like NadIR for loading them.Bedroom producer website has a few Mokafix. (but the others live on in the ether) :D

THX. But honesstly I'm more after the univibe and phaser fx also Antti's Phase90 is a beautiful piece ...
rabbit in a hole

For specific things, you'll have to spend some money I'm afraid. The stuff made in the last few years is almost all pay-ware.

spacekid wrote:For specific things, you'll have to spend some money I'm afraid. The stuff made in the last few years is almost all pay-ware.
Alright. And which would you recommend?
rabbit in a hole

simulanalog created by overloud. If you decide on payware, then you'll know where to look.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

For effects alone, I would wait until plugin alliance has a sale on the few pedals they make. Other than those, most of the better pedals are locked into programs, Guitar Rig (underrated), Amplitube (overrated) and Revalver (hard to rate the pedals alone/hit and miss). There are a few small companies that have pedals: Hornet, Heptode, Audified, G-sonique..all medium to good. I liked the hornet pedals out of those few. But really, I keep coming back to Guitar Rig lately, mainly because you can run cab Ir's in Reflektor (after a built inn cab) and it sounds incredible. It surprised me because it just ends all the use of the other things I bought. I still use plugin alliance amp models and pedals and occasionally the Hornet stomps. It just depends on what road you take. I threw a lot of money after it to find the few things I like.

Aloysius wrote:simulanalog created by overloud. If you decide on payware, then you'll know where to look.
This. You can get a great deal on Th3 if buy during the flash promotions/holiday sales

AC222 wrote:
Aloysius wrote:simulanalog created by overloud. If you decide on payware, then you'll know where to look.
This. You can get a great deal on Th3 if buy during the flash promotions/holiday sales
He says in his first post that this is what he is replacing...I think.

spacekid wrote:
AC222 wrote:
He says in his first post that this is what he is replacing...I think.
Where?

Suggestion to replace this nice set of plugins? Freeware prefered

TIA ..the link is to simulanalog

The usual suspects:

TSE x50
Ignite Emissary; or the preamps Anvil or NNR-1 with the power amp TPA-1
ampLion Free
StudioDevil BVC
Shatteredglassaudio's Acs (a class-A simulation of a class-A amp!); or SGA1566 with Ignite TPA-1
Amplitube
BTE Juicy77

MercuriallCab for cabs (but IRs are still quite good)

all save Juicy77 come in 32 and 64 bit versions (and many Mac also)
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

spacekid wrote:Suggestion to replace this nice set of plugins? Freeware prefered

TIA ..the link is to simulanalog
Simulanalog is not Overloud Th3. I own both packages. I understand the original developer from Italy worked on the original suite as an experiment with the cab emulation attached to the whole signal. Later he went on to create a commercial package under the company name Overloud and updated the algorithms as well as a full suite of pedals and modeling cabinets with new technology. I've been in contact with the developer for many years and they are not the same.

Still don't see the original poster anywhere saying anything about Overloud. Not sure what you are trying to imply....

spacekid wrote:For effects alone, I would wait until plugin alliance has a sale on the few pedals they make. Other than those, most of the better pedals are locked into programs, Guitar Rig (underrated), Amplitube (overrated) and Revalver (hard to rate the pedals alone/hit and miss). There are a few small companies that have pedals: Hornet, Heptode, Audified, G-sonique..all medium to good. I liked the hornet pedals out of those few. But really, I keep coming back to Guitar Rig lately, mainly because you can run cab Ir's in Reflektor (after a built inn cab) and it sounds incredible. It surprised me because it just ends all the use of the other things I bought. I still use plugin alliance amp models and pedals and occasionally the Hornet stomps. It just depends on what road you take. I threw a lot of money after it to find the few things I like.
By the way, I own Guitar Rig and Amplitube. I don't agree with your recommendations at all. Guitar Rig blows.... Amplitube 4 imho has the most accurate modeling algorithms for the amps they model.

There you go. not a big deal. goodnight :tu:

Return to “Effects”