Synchronisation between audio-clip and midi clip

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi at all,

I've some problems regarding the synchronization between audio material and midi data.

Prehistory:
I need halfplabacks for my band and will use midifiles. The midifiles sounds very poor.
So I import them in pro tools and assign virtual instruments to the individual midi channels and mix/master the track (stereo mixdown).

The aim is to use bitwig to create a lightshow which is synchronized to the music.

So this is my procedure:
- create midi track
- import midi track with tempo changes (the track contains additionally the vocal melody)
(it works --> tempo changes are visible in the tempo automation lane of the master track)
- create audio track
- import audio clip and set the clip to "mode" = "raw" in the audio event menu (so the track should not be stretched and is played like imported)
- make an instrument track (with the plugin of my dmx controller) and draw in automation lanes

The problem:
- if i jump as example from bar 33 to bar 120 and hit play... the audio material don't matches with the midi track (with the vocal melody)
- it´s curious because you can optically see in the arrangement view that all files (audio and midi) are on the right place

(It´s a litte bit hard to describe but let´s try it)
As example i play the song until bar 33 and jump to 120:
- the midi clip is playing fine (all on the right place)
- the audio track on position 120 plays material which is original at the position 135

In the screenshot you can see the two clips and the tempo automation line.
Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-08 um 16.03.02.jpg
It´s impossible to create a lightshow with this problem because I have to jump back and forward to see the changes of the light colors.

I´m a little bit confused. Is there a option that I must activate to synchronize right or is it a bug in 1.3.6?

Thank you for your help.

Best greetings from Bavaria...

kraimor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anybody here with the Same problem?

Return to “Bitwig”