Bitwig no playback after recording

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, first post here. I just switched to Bitwig about a month ago from Live. I'm using Linux. I can playback properly anything from a clip, but if I record to the arrange section, there is no playback when I hit play. I saw this behavior right when I installed but brushed it off as me being too new to Bitwig. Now I'm facing the same issue and can't find anything online about this. Am I mising something obvious or is this a nasty Linux bug?

Help :borg:

For other noobs facing this issue: click on the icon to the right of the stop button of the track you want to play. I always thought this buttonjust meant stop right now, but I see now it means "play what you have in the timeline"

smh

Live AFAIK can only play back either from the clip launcher or the arrangement, BWS has it per track and the knobs, as you discovered, let you switch back to arrangement when you were in clip mode before. So if you are recording clips to the arranger, you are afterwards still in clip mode for the track and need to either switch individual tracks to the arrangement or (with the top button) all of them at once.
It's a very flexible system.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Live AFAIK can only play back either from the clip launcher or the arrangement, BWS has it per track and the knobs, as you discovered, let you switch back to arrangement when you were in clip mode before.
Live can play back from the launcher or arrangement on a per track basis as well. When playing back from the launcher, a button appears on the track in the arrange to let you switch back to arrange. So it's got the same basic functions as Bitwig, but it lacks the gui to make it simple, particularly the launcher display in the arrange view.

I stand corrected. I never understood that concept in Live in my years of using it it seems ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote:I stand corrected. I never understood that concept in Live in my years of using it it seems ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
It´s been introduced with V9, that might be why :wink:

Tearing Riots wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:I stand corrected. I never understood that concept in Live in my years of using it it seems ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
It´s been introduced with V9, that might be why :wink:
Ha. That's at least a partial relief for my self-doubt, I sold Live Suite & M4L with version 8. ;-)
But I better no longer make comments on Live when I'm out of the loop.

Thanks and cheers ;-)

Tom

Ogopogo wrote: it lacks the gui to make it simple, particularly the launcher display in the arrange view.
I think bitwig people can agree to that ;)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Return to “Bitwig”