[NINJAM] Jam with Nacho and tea

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Usually when I'm jamming with tea, it ends up being just the two of us. Here, I was joining the channel and Nacho dropped his backing drum track leaving just the percussion (which I've left in but turned down about 9dB).

This is an extract - the "radio edit" version:
20160221-1610-edit01-pljones-Nacho-tea -- EXTRACT
And here's the "full" track - before I decided it had started falling apart and run out of steam but showing how the jam came together:
20160221-1610-edit01-pljones-Nacho-tea -- Full version

I'm playing Native Instruments Abbey Road 70s Drummer Open Full kit (with the hihat mapped fully variable, I think) on my AlternateMode TrapKAT. Not sure on details for Nacho and tea.

Stem production included noise reduction and compression for Nacho and tea (my drums were already compressed), then low and high pass filters applied. Post-mix work had some overall light compression.

I played 'em both. The edit was good, but I thought it was too short. The full jam sounded ok here. I had it playing whilst reading a thread here at KVR and installing some software. It lost a little direction in a couple of places, but that's the nature of the beast. I preferred the long version.

Good work :)

Picking where to start and stop the edit was tricky -- I wanted to keep it to around the three minute mark and show off tea's guitar part as best I could.

It just starts and then the editing is just a fade... So yes, it's a bit short at the ends, definitely :) ! Given I stitched together Nacho's synth work a lot, I'm sure I could have assembled something, though -- I might give it another go.

Thanks for listening.

Return to “Music Cafe”