Kraftwerk's Pocket Calculator - Cover

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/no73/pocket-calculator

Well...
I've done a cover of Kraftwerk's Pocket Calculator, which I have worked on for some time now. And now I feel enough is enough. I need to drop it. I cannot carve on every little detail forever.
All misses and errors in my version can be seen as blemishes and inspiration to others who feel they can do better.

I chose to try to do a cover of Pocket Calculator because I want to develop in terms of mixing vocals.
I know that I cannot sing, so I felt that "PC" was just enough singing for me.
I have also realized that few is interested in my music, and the best response I have so far is my version of "It's more fun to compute", which made the choice easier.

I know I haven't the greatest pronunciation, since I am Swedish, and the thing aren’t helping that I have listened on the original version of the track from 1981.
Anyway, it's my own version...
Please enjoy and take it for what it is

i am much more impressed with covers than wanna be musician so called "remixes" so regardless of getting it "exact"
makes no difference to me. that said. i think this sounds wonderful. nice job :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:i am much more impressed with covers than wanna be musician so called "remixes" so regardless of getting it "exact"
makes no difference to me. that said. i think this sounds wonderful. nice job :tu:
8)
As you mention, I try to make my own version and try to put my own mark on the track
I'm glad you like it

Great stuff NON, very impressed!

kloon wrote:Great stuff NON, very impressed!
:)
Thanks a lot kloon

Pretty awesome. It captures the mood exactly, even if the sounds are quite different.

herodotus wrote:Pretty awesome. It captures the mood exactly, even if the sounds are quite different.
:-D

Return to “Music Cafe”