Kush Omega Transformer / Preamp Plugins!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Released yesterday, 11th April and i just demoed them. All i can say is: wow! Only tried them on Drums(+Bus) so far but i like them both, especially the API can add nice punch and the distortion/saturation sounds really convincing (both of them). The "N", Neve Pre is darker ofc but got a fat lowend and great midrange-tone. :tu:

Demoed them last nite and Model N sounded really good on bass (recorded thru Avalon). I thought my bass sounded good already but now it sounds even better with that Kush magic fairy dust all over the track (sounds more open yet still focused). Also worked nice in front of Satson.

Have to try Model A today...
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

So far I like them however I am experiencing what might be a bug: sporadically they will switch into a mode that sounds like a fixed comb filter. no amount of control twiddling will stop this, it just stops on it's own again sporadically. I sent Kush an email about it. I'm on a macbook pro os 10.11 logic 10.2

Love the sound, but trouble here 2!
Mail sent.

Did you bought the Plugins already? Because i also got this issue and i thought it would be a Demo-Limitation..

Issue here with Cubase on Mac -- working with support to investigate.

The demos work fine in Reaper / Windows. They sound really good too, but old fart that I am, they didn't blow me away, not enough to shell out $30 a pop.

They also add some gain even at default settings which I had to compensate for which was a bit annoying, cos as we all know, stuff sounds better when its louder :D
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I hear good things!

Eyafjallajökull wrote:I hear good things!
:tu:
Lovely things.

cprompt wrote:The demos work fine in Reaper / Windows. They sound really good too, but old fart that I am, they didn't blow me away, not enough to shell out $30 a pop.
They are so good, they make both Soundtoys Decapitator and Radiator absolete.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p6438246
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I am serious. :) Btw. Soundtoys plugins are good ofc but I would prefer a real CultureVulture, thats why i also skipped the UAD version (which also beats the decapitator,radiator etc.). That beeing said, the new UAD 1073 Collection is pretty convincing, i have to compare this to Omega "N".

tb1 wrote:I am serious. :)
Either way, it is a completely ridiculous claim. All three plugins do completely different things with relatively little overlap. It's like saying bread makes egg obsolete or a table makes a wardrobe obsolete.

(Well, if you would say for you Decapitator makes both the Omegas and Radiator obsolete, that would sort of makes sense, since it is quite flexible and can do everything from very slight saturation to in-your-face distortion and offers a lot of control over the sound so that it can kind of approximate the others.)

My suggestion for you would be to simply try hese plugins yourself and listen what they do and what they sound like.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'll be buying these when I'm paid... Very nice plugins.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

iLok dongle required yes/no?

no

Return to “Effects”