MUX Modular Plug-In 7.0.47

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MUX Modular 7 Plug-In for Windows is ready for testing.

M7 intro page: http://www.mutools.com/m7-intro.html (common page for MuLab 7 & MUX Modular 7 Plug-In)

M7 test versions are available in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/

Do not install M7 into an M6 folder.
If you want to copy your M6 settings, see http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/docs/mux/ ... ation.html -> "Updating an existing MUX installation"

Users that have a MUX Modular 6 user key can request an initial MUX Modular 7 user key that will be valid during the test phase. Pls email me.

The M7 docs are at http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/docs

This is not a release version yet.
Pls take into account that this is a test version so be careful when using this version for important creative work.

All feedback very welcome, especially bug reports and things that really need to be polished before releasing M7.0.
New feature requests will be sorted on the (long) global wishlist and further evaluated when working on M7.x, M8, ... (unless it's about a FR really essential for M7.0)

Cheers,

Jo

Thanks Jo!
downloaded and go immediately to test :party:

I send an email for the test user key :tu:

Sent!

Thanks Jo!

New interface is very beautiful , thanks for the remarkable improvements(even recent ones regarding the choice of colors)Now mux has a nice new look and you can see in all the host :)

I found a considerable consumption of the CPU that has something to do with the graphics(maybe this can only related to my system)but when mux is open and you move a little the window, there are significant peaks on cpu,This seems to not happen with Mulab.(Mulab certainly is much more efficient on the cpu against other host)

The cpu consumption in general in other host is a little increased but nothing to worry.

The sound quality is great, tried different projects and clearly felt the difference!

problems encountered at the time:
loading a preset in the step sequencer i find few step with the velocity set to 0 instead of 10

another problem regard the pitch of a vsti ,after loaded a vsti in mux, the pitch is altered one semitone ,maybe something to do with the samplerate I do not know,
It happened only once time,tried again to reproduce the problem but at the moment does not happen.

everything else seems to work well at the time,if I find some other problem I come to report it :tu:

Taifunk wrote:I found a considerable consumption of the CPU that has something to do with the graphics(maybe this can only related to my system)but when mux is open and you move a little the window, there are significant peaks on cpu,This seems to not happen with Mulab.
Moving a window is not done by MU code but by the system, ie Windows in this case. The difference may be caused by a different multi-core setup in the various VST hosts you're using. Could that explain something?
The cpu consumption in general in other host is a little increased but nothing to worry.
That's strange as according to the last performance test i did (playing one of the MuLab demo projects in M6 and M7) M7 was a bit better.
loading a preset in the step sequencer i find few step with the velocity set to 0 instead of 10
I'm not sure if i understand what you mean. Pls elaborate. Thx.
another problem regard the pitch of a vsti ,after loaded a vsti in mux, the pitch is altered one semitone ,maybe something to do with the samplerate I do not know, It happened only once time,tried again to reproduce the problem but at the moment does not happen.
Did you switch samplerates in that session? Maybe a certain VST plugin did not update itself to the newly reported samplerate?

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!

mutools wrote:
Taifunk wrote:I found a considerable consumption of the CPU that has something to do with the graphics(maybe this can only related to my system)but when mux is open and you move a little the window, there are significant peaks on cpu,This seems to not happen with Mulab.
Moving a window is not done by MU code but by the system, ie Windows in this case. The difference may be caused by a different multi-core setup in the various VST hosts you're using. Could that explain something?
thanks for the tip ,did not know this,problem solved :tu:
mutools wrote:
That's strange as according to the last performance test i did (playing one of the MuLab demo projects in M6 and M7) M7 was a bit better.
Here I refer only to audio rate modulation , nothing to do with possible problems,
sorry if I did not elaborate,I mean that the performance is excellent and the slight increase in CPU are irrelevant.
mutools wrote:
I attached the preset
mutools wrote:
another problem regard the pitch of a vsti ,after loaded a vsti in mux, the pitch is altered one semitone ,maybe something to do with the samplerate I do not know, It happened only once time,tried again to reproduce the problem but at the moment does not happen.
Did you switch samplerates in that session? Maybe a certain VST plugin did not update itself to the newly reported samplerate?Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!
I did not change the sample rate or other changes , I just loaded the same vst preset and realized that it sounds different in mux but now no longer happens ,maybe this is just about the vst I've used.
It is a strange thing indeed,I have to check.
Thanks Jo :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taifunk wrote:
mutools wrote:Moving a window is not done by MU code but by the system, ie Windows in this case. The difference may be caused by a different multi-core setup in the various VST hosts you're using. Could that explain something?
thanks for the tip ,did not know this,problem solved
Just double-checking: Is it really solved? I mean: does a different multi-core setup indeed explains the difference in speed when moving a window. It should also mean that other non-mu windows show the same behavior. Right?
mutools wrote:That's strange as according to the last performance test i did (playing one of the MuLab demo projects in M6 and M7) M7 was a bit better.
Here I refer only to audio rate modulation , nothing to do with possible problems,
sorry if I did not elaborate,I mean that the performance is excellent and the slight increase in CPU are irrelevant.
Note that audio-rate modulation does indeed use significantly more cpu than non-audio-rate modulation. That's unavoidable, afaik after researching that.
mutools wrote:
I attached the preset
Note that a step sequencer cell can have any velocity between 0 and 127. You can change it by mouse wheel and by dragging the value. Does that explain it?

mutools wrote:
Taifunk wrote:
mutools wrote:Moving a window is not done by MU code but by the system, ie Windows in this case. The difference may be caused by a different multi-core setup in the various VST hosts you're using. Could that explain something?
thanks for the tip ,did not know this,problem solved
Just double-checking: Is it really solved? I mean: does a different multi-core setup indeed explains the difference in speed when moving a window. It should also mean that other non-mu windows show the same behavior. Right?
right,and all is solved ,I did not know this about multicore thanks Jo,I used the same settings as mulab,set all on a single core, and now everything works well even in the other daw whit other vst/vsti. :tu:
mutools wrote:Note that audio-rate modulation does indeed use significantly more cpu than non-audio-rate modulation. That's unavoidable, afaik after researching that.
surely, but I have to say that mux in comparison with other synth has a lower consumption and a higher quality :tu:
mutools wrote:Note that a step sequencer cell can have any velocity between 0 and 127. You can change it by mouse wheel and by dragging the value. Does that explain it?
then there is a problem, when I want to set the velocity to zero the minimum value begins from 10,but when reopen the preset previously saved the value is set to zero
This happens even in mulab,if you need more details I send a video.

Thanks

Taifunk wrote:right,and all is solved ,I did not know this about multicore thanks Jo,I used the same settings as mulab,set all on a single core, and now everything works well even in the other daw whit other vst/vsti.
A pity to not use multiple cores in a DAW when they're available. If a multi-core audio setup has probs when moving windows etc, then try disabling the graphics accelartion on your system. Also google around about optimizing a computer for audio performance eg using the DPC Latency Checker. Just a quick tip, not MU specific.
mutools wrote:Note that a step sequencer cell can have any velocity between 0 and 127. You can change it by mouse wheel and by dragging the value. Does that explain it?
then there is a problem, when I want to set the velocity to zero the minimum value begins from 10,but when reopen the preset previously saved the value is set to zero. This happens even in mulab,if you need more details I send a video.
I can't repeat the case where reopened step sequencer preset would have other velocities than the ones saved. The only issue i see is that there is a little inconsistency between setting a cell's velocity to the minimum using the mousewheel (minimum = 10) and using click-drag (minimum = 0). In the next version the minimum value is 0 in both cases. Or, thinking loud, maybe it would be better to have a minimum velocity of 1? (as it's very easy to switch on/off a cell anyway)

mutools wrote:
Taifunk wrote:right,and all is solved ,I did not know this about multicore thanks Jo,I used the same settings as mulab,set all on a single core, and now everything works well even in the other daw whit other vst/vsti.
A pity to not use multiple cores in a DAW when they're available. If a multi-core audio setup has probs when moving windows etc, then try disabling the graphics accelartion on your system. Also google around about optimizing a computer for audio performance eg using the DPC Latency Checker. Just a quick tip, not MU specific.
I have to check ,in fact I had several problems with graphics acceleration with many plugins but I still can not set the system well,I have to devote some time to this.
thanks for the advice Jo.
mutools wrote:I can't repeat the case where reopened step sequencer preset would have other velocities than the ones saved. The only issue i see is that there is a little inconsistency between setting a cell's velocity to the minimum using the mousewheel (minimum = 10) and using click-drag (minimum = 0). In the next version the minimum value is 0 in both cases. Or, thinking loud, maybe it would be better to have a minimum velocity of 1? (as it's very easy to switch on/off a cell anyway)
thanks Jo noticed only now that this was the problem,the preset problem was my mistake,of course I changed the velocity by dragging the mouse and saved the presets
I think that's great as well there is no need to change:tu:

EDIT:I spent all day on this but now the result is arrived ,multiple cores setup and everything now works great!system and pc optimized :tu:
Thanks for the suggestions Jo!
Last edited by Taifunk on Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Alright, thx for your feedback.

In MIDI terms, of course, Vel = 0 means a Note On is not really a Note On, it's assumed to be a Note Off (with Vel = 0, too). So maybe 1 would be better as a minimum velocity everywhere for Note events?

I have tested MUX 7.0.20 (64 bits) in Tracktion 7 .
The overall level of the MUX is very high, I often have to decrease the level of the track or put a limiter.
The presets Bass Octavia (in Misc) and Magna Scater (in Sequences) are silent. Maybe a problem with the contained step sequencer (and it's the same in Mulab 7.0.20).
There seems to have less Mudrum kits than in Mulab, and a few that are not in Mulab ?
Don't know if the 64 bit version has the same library content as the 32 bit ?
I haven't tested the effects yet, it's late...

pquenin wrote:The presets Bass Octavia (in Misc) and Magna Scater (in Sequences) are silent. Maybe a problem with the contained step sequencer (and it's the same in Mulab 7.0.20).
I see, thanks for reporting this! It's a little practical problem caused by a recent change in M7.0.20. In fact any project or MUX preset using the step sequencer with only 1 pattern should be updated so that that pattern gets selected. I've added a temporary auto fix for this in the next M7.0.21.
There seems to have less Mudrum kits than in Mulab, and a few that are not in Mulab ?
Don't know if the 64 bit version has the same library content as the 32 bit ?
MUX Modular package indeed reflects the latest changes i made to the factory library, which is the same for MuLab 7 but the updated MuLab package is not yet available, will come soon upon pre-release. Indeed i removed a couple of drum kits and replaced it by the Starter Kit with the bottomline that a drumkit is something to be tweaked anyway. So i'd rather push the user to be creative with MuDrum than to give him the false impression that there are all kinds of preset drum kits for all kinds of music styles, and so he may not find what he's looking for and maybe give up. So focus is on creativity and creating your own drum kits that match what you want.

Return to “MUTOOLS”