Lethal vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lethal

anyone heard of that company?

synth looks a bit like a rompler like nexus..

http://www.lethalaudio.com/

Strewth...those Aussies have come up with Nexus 3 out of nowhere :ud:

Yes some details would be nice. They call it a synth. But it looks like Nexus.

Never Heard anythings about this company,
this rompler feels like a lot of "standard" vsti made in synthedit, the typo, the menu...., ok, it's x64, AAx....i have watch some video, but no, it's not for me, i would prefer buy a classic nexus if i would need it, after that, a new competitor is always good :) good luck

db3 wrote:Strewth...those Aussies have come up with Nexus 3 out of nowhere :ud:
more like .5 :lol: mod matrix? would like to see a video of it in action though (not the offical one :P ).
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Is it safe to use this synth? The name scares me.

The demo sounds good, if you are into that genre, but to me it sounds like Spire/Massive maybe with some processing was sampled. Afaik Nexus used sampled hardware synths which could make sence if you want, e.g., the sounds from Virus but cannot afford it or don't want to deal with hardware, but this is like buying a preset pack for a VSTi with no ability to modify the sounds (anyway, should wait for further details maybe they'll reveal what was sampled)

Still, it may become pretty popular (and it doesn't need a dongle).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Confirmed by support:
- Only recently launched
- No demo at this stage
- At least one free expansion a month until June 2017

Without a demo it will be a hard sell. Going to need 5* reviews. Good to see some EDM rompler competition for ReFX.
Last edited by db3 on Tue May 17, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unknown developer with no demo- good luck getting $200 for it.

The launch of this product so far has been concerning. The company who is making it has made a lot of very basic mistakes so far in that they've launched a product with very little information or promotion and are just expecting people to dump $200 into it. I can't discredit the product itself because we know so little about it but they should have at least posted a decent walkthrough of the plugin actually being used in a project to solidify it's value and what it does.

Yeah it's all a bit odd. Clearly plenty of effort has gone into decent website design and marketing videos, but there's no other real substance. You might even go as far as to think it was a scam...which I'm sure it's not.

I note they've paid for an advert in the KVR newsletter, so it's no accident that the product is live, but a Google search returns nothing. On face value it seems to be something which could rival Nexus, but certainly a less than ideal launch.

Thanks for the info OP, interesting find :tu:

The interface does not look like it got much depth, looks mostly like a rompler with macro controls.

There are no OSC's or anything that can create sound by itself, just controls to tweak and shape the patches already in it

To pay $200 for something like this is asking much this days: "5GB library of commercial quality sounds. 3000 instruments and presets."

Edit: Looking at the video, Bass Bounce Lead 01-026, so there are like 25+ variations of the same patch, 150-200 real patches is therefore more correct to say I think

But if the patches are really good and ready to use, will find an audience, and it is Win/OSX (32/64 bit).

SampleLogic has found a market where users will pay 4-500 dollars for their stuff, goes to show that there should be takers out there for sure.
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Domain info:
Creation Date: 14-mar-2009
Updated Date: 29-feb-2016

Either the dev has sat on it for a long time, or they have bought the domain from somebody selling it on...

Rather than confusing beginners with technical details, they show video of a basic lfo pitch sweep to impress :o

That is hardly rocket science, that is what any MonoTron can do

A beginner with a lot of idle dosh, that is what this one is made for

Numanoid wrote:Looking at the video, Bass Bounce Lead 01-026, so there are like 25+ variations of the same patch, 150-200 real patches is therefore more correct to say I think.

It won't be a variation of the same patch, I expect they are just naming presets by type and number, rather than give each one a unique name.

db3 wrote:It won't be a variation of the same patch, I expect they are just naming presets by type and number, rather than give each one a unique name.
5000 MB of samples to carry 3000 patches = 1,67 MB per patch

That aint much if they are to be proper multisampled in case.
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”