The 3.0.0 release is going to be a complete UI rewrite available on windows,
osx, and linux.
It's a single window design, it solves the navigation issues of the old fltk
UI, and it presents parameters/graphical views in a much more intelligent
manner.

What does it look like?
It looks something like this:

The 3.0.0 development cycle is beginning soon and I want your feedback on
what's wrong with the existing UI and if you're willing to pay for it.
It's a big UI and I want this done right :)
So, if you're a Zyn user (and presumably you are if you're reading posts in this forum), please take a few minutes and fill out the survey:

http://goo.gl/forms/st8xv3s2I9

If you're interested in more details as development progresses, please head on
over to the announcement only mailing list:

http://eepurl.com/bS2Z0P
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Awesome, man. That GUI will be a HUGE step forward for ZynAdd, and probably will lead to a lot of people checking the synth out, when before they got scared by the GUI alone.

Btw, you really should refrain from those cryptic, or shortened labelling of the controls. C.freq should be Cutoff, and A.DT should be Attack. It may not be the most precise annotation, but at least people will know what it means.

Completely agree about the controls. Can't stress enough how hard it was to figure out what everything did my first time learning this synth. Even now I'm still not sure what some of the control abbreviations in the Oscillator Editor stand for.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

chk071 wrote:Awesome, man. That GUI will be a HUGE step forward for ZynAdd, and probably will lead to a lot of people checking the synth out, when before they got scared by the GUI alone.

Btw, you really should refrain from those cryptic, or shortened labelling of the controls. C.freq should be Cutoff, and A.DT should be Attack. It may not be the most precise annotation, but at least people will know what it means.
Thanks

Per the labels I'm going to try to work on that as things move forward, though some labels might still end up constrained by how much screen space is available.
That said, I'm looking forward to killing as many of these terse abbreviations as I can.
One of my first code patches to the synth back in '09 was to fix tooltips in an effort to figure out what in the world was going on with 'f.cr'/'a.dt'/'f.r'/'wsh'/etc and I hope that this release helps move usability another step in the right direction.

:tu:

Is this going to be a plugin too - on Mac?

I don't want to have to use Jack to run this.

aMUSEd wrote:Is this going to be a plugin too - on Mac?
Yep. The plugin version (for the current 2.5.x UI) has already been built and tested on OSX, though there might be a few minor packaging hiccups with the official binaries. Those issues should be resolved before the 3.0.0 release.

fundamental wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Is this going to be a plugin too - on Mac?
Yep. The plugin version (for the current 2.5.x UI) has already been built and tested on OSX, though there might be a few minor packaging hiccups with the official binaries. Those issues should be resolved before the 3.0.0 release.
:tu: AWESOME!!!

Amazing! Will there be a public beta for 3.0 or something? Thanx!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:Will there be a public beta for 3.0 or something?
Currently there's an ongoing small private alpha. I anticipate this growing into a small private beta. Before the full release there should be a public demo.

Thanx for the info! Any target date for the public demo? Thanx!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:Any target date for the public demo?
I don't have any official release dates yet. Once I have enough information to make that decision, I'll likely include it in one of the updates on the mailing list mentioned in the original post.

Thank you again! I already subscribed to the mailing list of course.

Been a zynadd fan for years. Am I understanding that there will be a (64bit?) VST version for PC? How exciting if that is the case! The skin looks cool but really reminds me of the Blue Synthmaster skin as seen in this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qlYlbwrcUgg

Any chance of making several colors optional?
Play it by ear

That's one of the best colour schemes I ever saw.

The gui organization reminds me a little bit of NI's Spektral Delay and Vokator.

How many sizes will you have, or is this vector resizable?

Also could you make the keyboard slightly more white. And maybe start with the key of C - unless you are intentionally going for something offbeat.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”