Go to plugins for Bass Distortion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've never found a distortion plugin that sounds exactly how i'd like.
The closest I have found for the tone is D16 Devestator.

It's for DnB type reece bass and I want something that can really fry the tone?

Have you tried a guitar amp sim? Amplitube, GuitarRig, Ignite (free!). Or 2 D16s in series?

Ohmicide and Kombinat are worth a look. I've been using Cyclop for distorted bass recently.

BTW it's Devastor not Devestator ...
http://d16.pl/devastor

Yeh just chaining them seems to work I guess :) Just seeing what's out there...

You should try Melda Multiband Distortion.
It gives you control over different frequency ranges etc...

Anything distortion > Fabfilter Saturn

AudioDamage FuzzPlus
Muon mDrive
ProSoniq Northpole

free today-get 'em while they're hot1!

Fabfilter Saturn universal drive!
Kush audio Omega transformer push them hard for lovely tone.
Acme Opticom XLA-3 has a lovely tone when pushe's hard.
UAD Culture Vulture Lovely drive!
Waves EMI TG 12345 lovely drive!

There's nothing special about bass, so look through the many existing threads on saturation and distortion would be my advice.

The only function I would want a little more often than otherwise (though not always) with bass would be multi band. Other than that, what works for other instruments will also work.

I got iZotope's Trash 2 plus the expansion packs as part of the Music Production Bundle a short time ago when it was on sale. It's an incredibly powerful multi effect plugin. Obviously it's main selling point is it's distortion features, but it goes much, much deeper and offers other effects (like reverb, delay, comp/limiting, etc.) all in an easy to use interface.

And it sounds fantastic on bass of all kinds, whether it be real bass or synth bass. It's available for $99 and includes the Expansion Packs for free. At least try out the demo before you pay for something much more expensive. Good luck!! https://www.izotope.com/en/products/eff ... nts/trash/

- M

p.s. - Look into multi-band distortion, multi-band compression and eq to really shape your tones when mixing.

Melda plugs.

Zebrify (love that effect and i prefer a distortion of it for reesey sounds so much more then ohmnicide or trash) that comes for free if you own Zebra 2. Also Serum FX that comes free if you own Serum.

Shit, why dont you just use rob papen distortion.
I see someone recommended Saturn...why?!!!

SGA1566 really sounds good on basslines I've noticed.

But if you want something that can really fry up the tone:

https://www.tseaudio.com/software/tseX30 :shock:

distocore.net/disto_fx.html :borg:

Melda Waveshaper or the multiband version of the same. The softube saturation knob is decent but less versatile. Boogex from voxengo has always done well on synth sounds for me too. Ohmicide does some novel stuff with all its crazy modes. You won't ever get much more control than you get with a freely drawable Waveshaper in my estimation though. Add multiband capabilities and a pre and post eq and you can do most anything.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”