Say What You Like - Synth Tune - Feedback Appreciated

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cobbled this synth tune together tonight.

Quite like the melody and the vibe but needs more work.

What would you do with it, where to take it?
Feedback and input appreciated.

Thank you.

edit ... latest version

https://soundcloud.com/landslide-victor ... in-tongues
Last edited by redmaggott on Fri May 20, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good melodies. Works as is imo.

Thanks, Hezekiel.

Had a play all the same and added a few bits, changed a few bits ...

This is the result. Any better?
Last edited by redmaggott on Fri May 20, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I quite like the vibe you've got going on there. Good mix of edgy stuff and melody.

There's certain things that I can't really criticize because it's an artistic choice. I'm into darker stuff. But it's a good tune overall imo.

On the mix side of things, the kick is getting a little lost, and some of the melodies sound a tad louder in places. But I know you only made it tonight.

If it was my tune, I'd beef up the initial arp (which is class btw). The melodies are cool too, but personally I'd make them repeat a bit more in places, so they get stuck inside your head. That's just my taste tho', as my stuff tends to be very repetitive.

Good stuff!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:I quite like the vibe you've got going on there. Good mix of edgy stuff and melody.
Cheers, Rob.
On the mix side of things, the kick is getting a little lost, and some of the melodies sound a tad louder in places. But I know you only made it tonight.
The mix got away from me a little. My brother joined me after the footy and after explaining and demonstrating that this does this and that can do that, I realised I'd cocked things up somewhat.
I'm not at all happy with the drum track - mix and patterns need sorting.
If it was my tune, I'd beef up the initial arp (which is class btw). The melodies are cool too, but personally I'd make them repeat a bit more in places, so they get stuck inside your head. That's just my taste tho', as my stuff tends to be very repetitive.

Good stuff!
I added a few new parts tonight, the track is over 4 minutes as it stands. I was hoping that the new bits would mix it up as I can get stuck in a repeating melody that results in a bit of a boring tune.
Any advice on how to restructure this tune?

Many thanks.

Remixed and remastered.

Looking for a more open, airy and punchy feel.

Still struggling with using the right tools to lose muddiness, develop more separation and lose fuzziness across tracks that share similar frequencies.

Advice and feedback would really help.

Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/landslide-victor ... in-tongues

Return to “Music Cafe”