Amazon of synth patches

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there an amazon of synth patches were I could browse patches from different instruments or genres or sound types and then download a single patch for something like $.99 each? Does anyone think that is a viable business idea?

No and no.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Already been done to an extent,check out Splice.com

There are presets for sylenth,massive,serum & spire.But they also do samples.You pay $8 a month & choose which 100 sample/presets you want

Thats a good idea.....Like a netflix for synth patches..haha
[PATCH PACHINO] ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Synthpunch.com
Facebook.com/synthpunch
Twitter--> @synthpunch

Downloading single patches (adding them to cart) is possible, but customer needs to hear what he's buying, either having one single audio file containing all patches as a preview or individual audio files for each patch.
One single file as a preview of all patches should be marked so that a customer knows what he's hearing.
It's time consuming for both sides, for creator to create demos and for customers.
That's why in many cases creators just create 2-3 demo songs with some patches, highlighting the best ones, so that customer can have a picture what he's buying.

Second thing, many sound designers are practically musically deaf, they know how to design sounds but are terrible at making music,
so terrible that even though having good patches you get disgusted by terrible presentation.
That's why some of them, actually those with brains, hire people to make some demo songs or ask their friends.
Pretty much the same thing with plugins. If you don't offer people to hear your VSTi, don't give them examples,
who the hell is gonna buy it. Many developers simply failed at this simple marketing when they published their plugins
and left buried under the hill of famous plugins and companies, not getting anyone's attention:"Here's my plugin, it's good,
buy it for $100 to hear it". Sure, bro...

Think how you buy music off amazon.

So essentially I go to the site looking for trance leads for instrument x, obviously there would be more search options such as slow attack, etc. I search for that, get a list with short (probably 10-20sec) previews of sounds along with maybe a few lines on playing the sound, modulation, etc. I buy one for $.99 that perfectly fits the piece of music I'm working on and then rate the sound for others.

End user finds exactly what they want paying far less than the cost of an entire bank of sounds.

Sound designers that are good get more exposure through the rating system. Sound designers get a higher return on individual sounds vs. having to build an entire bank of sound that almost no one wants anyway. I would be willing to bet a sound designer with the top rating in something like the bass sounds would bring in more $ from an individual preset than they make on an entire bank of sounds.

It's a win/win. Then add in the ability to purchase the VSTi, etc. So in theory I could look for the sound first and then get the instrument for the specific sound I like. So I could pull in the vst manufacturers as well.

Cant see many ppl selling that way. So called sound designers like to sell banks (15 good sounds and 50 fillers) for a big lump sum. They would have to put so much more effort in to make ppl buy all their sounds rather than cherry pick the good ones.

Return to “Sound Design”