Bad Chick (pop - sometimes you need a bit of light relief...) Added a Short Edit

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Know what you mean. I have an upcoming track that is straight rock!!!
Nice track with a great upbeat vibe.
Enjoying the leads you have used.
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Nice. :) Very well made. I didn't quite dig the overswung drums though, and the vocals could have used some more brilliance (more processing, can't really describe. They could be a bit more "up front", maybe a bit louder. Very small niggle). Apart from that it's really good. Maybe it could have been a bit shorter. About 9 mins would have been ok i guess.

Allomerus wrote:Know what you mean. I have an upcoming track that is straight rock!!!
Nice track with a great upbeat vibe.
Enjoying the leads you have used.
Well done! :)
chk071 wrote:Nice. :) Very well made. I didn't quite dig the overswung drums though, and the vocals could have used some more brilliance (more processing, can't really describe. They could be a bit more "up front", maybe a bit louder. Very small niggle). Apart from that it's really good. Maybe it could have been a bit shorter. About 9 mins would have been ok i guess.
Thanks for the positive comments, guys. Glad you liked it.
As for the vocals, there was a lot of some sort of sibilence and other strange artifacts in the samples which I tried to minimise. Hey ho!

Never heard of the term "overswung"...

Thanks again! :tu:

I think i just created it. :P What i meant is that i find the swing of the percussions is a bit overdone. Might be a subjective thing though, i prefer very straight drums and percussions.

Ah ha!

Whoop! I like this style. Very catchy! very poppy indeed, but what's wrong with that?!

Edit it down WAAAAAYYYY shorter and kick up the beat some and I venture a guess people might actually buy this (or at least add it to a Spotify playlist).
Core i9-7940X | Asus Prime X299-A | 64GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 950 Pro 2TB Sys, 860 Evo 4TB Data | Steinberg UR824 & CC121 | Virus TI Desktop | Roli Seabord Rise 2 | Nektar Panorama P6 | Nektar Aura | Roland VG-99 | Win10 Pro x64 | Cubase Pro 12

This is really good! It's really accessible and mellow, which is not what I was expecting from the title. But it is also, as you know, far too long. If you came up with a 5-minute version (and I don't think it would be hard for you to do so), I think it would be a great track for radio play.

Really chuffed with all the good comments - a big THANK YOU! :tu:
I'm away from home at the moment but when I get home, tomorrow I'll do a short teenybopper version. :D

The teeny-bopper version... :D

Bad Chick 7-inch Edit

I've added this link to the op, too.

Excellent. I love the new version - it is just the right length, in my view.

davidstiles wrote:Excellent. I love the new version - it is just the right length, in my view.
As I was chopping bits out (the whole of the first section, most of the middle instrumental section, etc) I felt like I was cutting my fingers off. :D

ps
Forgot to make it downloadable - rectified.

I can sympathize - I find editing stuff out pretty hard to do as well. But the result is great!

Return to “Music Cafe”