Android phone "radio" stations.......

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Complete turnabout! :lol:

I'll wait to the bump to explain.....

Ok, so I thought "slacker" was the deal with my LG 5G, and I'll not waste time going into that......

But "slacker" now for some reason has this "leslie" effect going on frequently. Can't understand why I didn't hear it before, I usually notice these things straight away. BTW, my "quality" settings are on the best :shrug:... doesn't matter. Btw, I noticed this mostly on my PC and then today for some reason on the android :x

Ok, they suck, blah. Then I've heard of "pandora" and even their "pay" version seems to have severe restrictions on what I can do. Not terrible, but not sold on them (I hear a difference on playback)

So, is there anything that is good? Non-leslie? Non-terrible mp3 type? I want variety. I'll pay for quality :shrug:

Kinda new to this :scared: Data rates seem to be an issue too.

slacker = https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... adio&hl=en ??

Um, I personally when I get the opportunity to listen to streamed stuff go to RadioTunes - don't judge me :)
But I just go the free one and persevere through the ads - you get em with FM radio anyway.

If chewing through data is an issue I did hear of the LG Stylues that had a digital radio built in - so no data usage but again limited to local stations, albeit more than on the usual FM dial..
Don't Tech No for an Answer

Slacker Radio for their iOS application launched support on June 3rd 2015 for 320 Kbps streaming to paid subscribers.
You're not on iOS but Android. You might not be a paying customer. So your bitrate could be 96kbps instead of 320kbps. That could explain the Leslie effect (poor quality)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

emcee wrote:slacker = https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... adio&hl=en ??

Um, I personally when I get the opportunity to listen to streamed stuff go to RadioTunes - don't judge me :)
But I just go the free one and persevere through the ads - you get em with FM radio anyway.

If chewing through data is an issue I did hear of the LG Stylues that had a digital radio built in - so no data usage but again limited to local stations, albeit more than on the usual FM dial..
thanks!

BertKoor wrote:
Slacker Radio for their iOS application launched support on June 3rd 2015 for 320 Kbps streaming to paid subscribers.
You're not on iOS but Android. You might not be a paying customer. So your bitrate could be 96kbps instead of 320kbps. That could explain the Leslie effect (poor quality)
How odd. Yeah, I have the middle account (3.99 mo.) and the "quality" switch does nothing.

I'm not getting the leslie effect from pandora though. Maybe I'll try the "upgrade" since it's not a long binding contract and they say the paid version is "better" (we never really know what that means)

This gets weirder and weirder to me.

Though some of you will agree, I think I'm just living in the matrix and the computer f**ks are f**king with me.

Now, I hear it quite often. I don't hear it on the free Pandora, but it's weaker in other areas.

Guess now, it's like vst's and hosts :lol: There IS no perfect one and it's a matter of trying them all and figuring it out. Random searches sure as hell don't help.

I'm puzzled a bit here about what you're really looking for. Do you mean an app for local radio stations, or for internet radio stations? If the latter is what you're looking for, check out the TuneIn app, or Audials. And, if you like electronic, or dance music, check out DI.fm app, it's teh bestest. :)

But maybe i got something wrong, and this is not at all what you're looking for.

I'm talking about companies that have your favorite songs. Pandora, slacker, etc.

Genre is completely unimportant but if I want "Phantogram" I want it to have something.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Even Pandora, and Amazon have the "phasey/leslie" effect with some songs.

I don't get it, and neither do they.

Desktop/phone/same.

What part of "low bit rate artefacts" don't you get?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

It's the same songs "bro"

But, hey, we've at this a while, hun?

I listen and listen, most of it sounds great. Then comes band "x" with their crazy leslie's...... :lol:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”