Apollo 11 - The Eagle has landed!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Not sure if you know of this, but I thought I would post it:

https://github.com/chrislgarry/Apollo-11

Original Apollo 11 Guidance Computer (AGC) source code for the command and lunar modules.

BTW: Very cool stuff you have there :)

Really enjoyed this - the way the music reflects the different stages of the journey is great. I found the voices a bit buried in the mix, but maybe that was deliberate? I think they conveyed the mood without necessarily being completely intelligible.

I have fond memories of watching this moon-landing as a child - I enjoyed reliving it today. Thanks! :-)

BITWORD wrote:Not sure if you know of this, but I thought I would post it:

https://github.com/chrislgarry/Apollo-11

Original Apollo 11 Guidance Computer (AGC) source code for the command and lunar modules.

BTW: Very cool stuff you have there :)
Thank you!
Not sure about that AGC stuff, though - most of it is above my pay grade!

kryptonaut wrote:Really enjoyed this - the way the music reflects the different stages of the journey is great. I found the voices a bit buried in the mix, but maybe that was deliberate? I think they conveyed the mood without necessarily being completely intelligible.

I have fond memories of watching this moon-landing as a child - I enjoyed reliving it today. Thanks! :-)
Thanks for listening!

I found it an amazing event than, as a teenager. As an adult, with more knowledge, I find what they did even more amazing. I like to think I could be even half as calm as they sound, running out of fuel and looking for a safe place to land.

As for the recordings - even without the music it's often hard to make out the words. At the start of the descent, the crew of the Eagle had problems lining up the aerial so there was a lot of mush. As you suspected, I'm trying to convey a mood.
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I've played the full version of this a couple of times this week and I like it. Nice job with the pads and choirs, building the atmosphere, and the percussion with its changes in pace injects tension and excitement.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I've played the full version of this a couple of times this week and I like it. Nice job with the pads and choirs, building the atmosphere, and the percussion with its changes in pace injects tension and excitement.

Good work :)
Thank you! :tu:
Like I said earlier, I was in a bit of a rush to get it up post it by the 20th - maybe having a deadline you can't change is a good thing!

I've actually done an "ambient" version that's minus the drums and most of the rthymic bass lines. I was going to post it, also, but I'm running out of minutes with my account - hey ho. So do I upgrade? Or use another account? Decisions, decisions! :D

Return to “Music Cafe”