Plugins in T5

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I've been using T5 for a few years (T2 before that). I'm getting an increasingly long list of plugins that don't load when I do a rescan. Is this something other people have trouble with? Any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks
Warren

It's not the 32-bit v 64-bit thing, is it?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Maybe. I've just tried a rescan and this is what happens:

Part way through the scan I get a JUCEWindow: Tracktion.exe - System Error popup that says "The program can't start because QtSvg4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". Then two more similar popups with different dll's.

Finally I get a window that says

Scan complete. Note that the following files appeared to be plugin files but failed to load correctly: followed by eight lines of plugin names. The list contains some plugins that are actually working (Kontact 5 for example).

I'm not sure that I have always been getting the JUCEwindow error. I think that might be relatively new behaviour.

Cheers
Warren

OK, at least some of the issue is 64 bit plugins and 32bit T5. I removed one location from the directories to scan and the Error messages seem to have stopped. I'll delete all the 64bit plugins and see what is left in the list.

Warren

i am getting a ton of plugins not loading and the list gets longer all the time it seems..i am running T6 64 bit

A good practice is to place all plugins in there own folders. While also inside your vst folder sorted by maufactures or plugin types which ever fit you best. Then for your first scan. After you set the folders up scan each folder one by one so you will find any problems fast if there are any. Also once you add new plugins place them in there pertaining folder and this will help you notice where the problem is coming from. :tu:

im still having the same trouble in T6 64 bit...i moved my dll's in a folder and put them in the vst folder as suggested just to try it and it still didnt help me out..plugins still won't load properly and won't show up in the plugin list when trying to add a plugin to a track..i dunno where this problem is coming from..seems like it would be a simple fix.

Any more background info?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Tracktion”