One Synth Challenge #91: Tyrell N6 v3 by u-he (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tyrell Nexus 6

Submissions (May have a delay to load)
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... -91-tyrell

Tyrell Manual translated to english. Thanks zygomatic!

Welcome to the 91st One Synth Challenge! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

If you want to comment quickly on all songs, go here: https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/reposts

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

U-he Tyrell = amazing :party: :party:

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a donator? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): any 1 of his soundsets. Mention the soundset you want, along with your other prize.

U-he : Any 1 plugin

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

Squaredheads : Nora Arpeggiator plugin

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

stardustmedia : Professional studio mix down and mastering on one track of your choosing (See Disclaimer)

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing. Some people from OSC have had success here.
  • KVR Mix Challenge (see stickies) - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems.
  • Music Cafe (KVR, see stickies) - A thematic monthly competition. Use recording, real instruments, synths and samples.
  • RemixComps - An aggregator for remix contests from a variety of artists and genres (mostly EDM) - indie and popular.
  • Soundevotion (SDCOMPO) Competition - Even longer running than the OSC, the SDCOMPO is even more niche in that you must use a tracker, and set of specific effects. Great community.
Last edited by bjporter on Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:25 am, edited 11 times in total.

If I didn't suck at doing these I'd probably do this one. One of the best free synths that I own.

Oh well, need to know when to walk away in order to avoid more disappointment and frustration.

Have fun with this one guys. It is an amazing synth. I still can't believe it's free.

I tested it before but I never used it for real in any project :)
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

This one sounds analog phat. How could I resist!?

wagtunes wrote:If I didn't suck at doing these I'd probably do this one.
:D Go on, go on, go on...
It's more fun when more people enter, especially characters such as your good self :)

Most of us have to accept that there are other people with more talent/skill/experience/magic-fairy-dust/ability to produce music that people like/etc than us...

I mean, it is kind-of about the winning, but it is really about the taking part, apologies for the cheesy cliche... Ain't it true here though?

I dunno, no intent to hassle you mate, you do what you want, of course, not my business. I just felt like I wanted to encourage you to participate if your reason for not doing so is that you don't score well. That sucks as a reason to not play, imho :) There are no 'winners' without 'losers' :party:

This is such a great community of people from my limited experience of it so far - if you would like to play - then maybe just play - to heck with the results :D

(Sorry if this is not appropriate, best of intentions :) )

Great choice! Every OSC with a u-He synth has amazing tracks. Not having to struggle with programming goes a long way towards better creativity and production -- last month is a good example. The tracks are OSC level good -- but I get a sense that there were a lot of creative compromises due to the troubles with Helm. I certainly gave up before I should have due to the frustrations. Not to dump on Helm -- it's an interesting and good sounding synth, but I really believe when you have software that is elegant and programmed really well, which is typical of U-he products, it allows you to creatively reach further.

I'm so in on this.

Tyrell N6 is one of my go to synths. Sounds amazing and is a pleasure to work with. Plus I'm finally somewhat unpacked from moving and not totally busy. It's on!
Disco flangus shenanigans

Mechanought wrote:I'm so in on this.

Tyrell N6 is one of my go to synths. Sounds amazing and is a pleasure to work with. Plus I'm finally somewhat unpacked from moving and not totally busy. It's on!
Lucky you, I'm moving in a few days, it will trickle down to many further days!

@bjporter,

You can add another Tux to this.
Native Linux vst is available.
http://www.u-he.com/downloads/LatestBui ... 965.tar.gz

Really good choice. This one sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear all the tracks. :hyper:
Failure is success in progress.

Just so everybody knows...I am working on this one. I had to. U-he is probably the top synth maker out there. About the only thing I don't own is Hive and I'm sure that's just a matter of time.

I'm not going to kill myself over this track because I know my limitations. Already I'm having the darnedest time trying to get a nice fat kick out of this and that's with 4 tracks. I simply don't know all the tricks that you guys know. I know how to pull up a killer sample in Battery 4, put the proper FabFilter EQ and compression on it and be done with it. But when it comes to synth drums on budget synths, forget it. So I'll do the best I can and accept the low scores.

But I will have fun doing this track and that's all that matters.

wagtunes wrote:Just so everybody knows...I am working on this one. I had to. U-he is probably the top synth maker out there. About the only thing I don't own is Hive and I'm sure that's just a matter of time.

I'm not going to kill myself over this track because I know my limitations. Already I'm having the darnedest time trying to get a nice fat kick out of this and that's with 4 tracks. I simply don't know all the tricks that you guys know. I know how to pull up a killer sample in Battery 4, put the proper FabFilter EQ and compression on it and be done with it. But when it comes to synth drums on budget synths, forget it. So I'll do the best I can and accept the low scores.

But I will have fun doing this track and that's all that matters.
Yes. Having fun is all that matters. If making a kick is a problem, write a track that doesn't need one! You're good with melodies and orchestral arrangements, I bet you could make a kick ass track that doesn't have to fall back on a simulation of a drum kit! Write to your strengths.

Yes, that and the formant filter on this thing is amazing!!

Well, this is it. I kept it simple and did what I could with it. My lack of skills made it pointless to spend any more time on it than I did. I had fun doing it. I like it. In fact, I think it's kind of catchy. And as far as I'm concerned, that's all that matters to me.

Here's the specs

Cubase 7.0.7

18 instances of Tyrell N6

FX Used

Voxengo Curve EQ
Cubase Compressor
Cubase Multiband Compressor
Cubase Limiter
Cubase Reverence Reverb
Cubase Delay
Cubase Studio EQ
Voxengo Span and Cubase Limiter on Master Bus

No animals were harmed in this production

Not sure where to upload this but here it is for better or worse.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ing-osc-91

Ahh this could be nice, might have to give this one a go :D
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”