Archive of V-Synth and other Roland synth patches

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just came across this

http://www.jp-80.com/index.html

some amazing content for V-Synth especially

including a great acoustic 30MB piano patch!

Thanks for posting this. I wish these patches were offered in a more content-specific and source-cited manner, rather than batches of someone's favorites, though.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

How do we load these patches into V-Synth? AFAIK, there's no software to pilot the thing fromn the computer (shame on you Roland) :evil:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:How do we load these patches into V-Synth? AFAIK, there's no software to pilot the thing fromn the computer (shame on you Roland) :evil:
Hi mate, you can use the USB on the V-Synth connected to your PC/Mac. Make sure your V-Synth`s USB connection is configured to `Storage` in the USB Mode menu, then power down your V-Synth, connect the USB lead and switch on your V-Synth. It should show new hardware found on PC/Mac and installed as Storage device, then you can send new sounds to internal or Memory card. Cheers Glyn.
Last edited by Glyn Darby on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2 ways:

1) connect via USB with the V-Synth in disk mode which makes the V-Synth appear as a hard drive - then copy them over or load them via the disk menu (but if you want to copy you will be limited by the V-Synth memory)

2) (What I do) - get a SD card adapter for the PC Card port and load them all on the SD card - even a 1 GB card has ample space for all the patches and some additional samples - then load them using the disk menu.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jace-BeOS wrote:Thanks for posting this. I wish these patches were offered in a more content-specific and source-cited manner, rather than batches of someone's favorites, though.
Me too - I'd love to see an organised database of V-Synth patches - there are a lot of dupes in these. Some are more content specific though like Pad Ocean and Altered States (which is one of the better ones). The 'Tommy' bank also has some great keys.

aMUSEd wrote: 2) (What I do) - get a SD card adapter for the PC Card port and load them all on the SD card - even a 1 GB card has ample space for all the patches and some additional samples - then load them using the disk menu.
Where do I get these? I didn't even knew such thing exist :oops:
Fernando (FMR)

btw if you do use a card you need to format it first using the V-Synth disk utilities

Thanl´ks. A little expensive for something that is just for string patches, especially when this could very well be handled by the computer itself. Oh well, I think there's no other way, since I can't expect Roland to create an editor/librarian to properly manage the banks in the computer. When I bought it, I was pretty convinced that thing existed. :borg:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Thanl´ks. A little expensive for something that is just for string patches, especially when this could very well be handled by the computer itself. Oh well, I think there's no other way, since I can't expect Roland to create an editor/librarian to properly manage the banks in the computer. When I bought it, I was pretty convinced that thing existed. :borg:
You can properly manage the banks in the computer - Roland did a good job of making it possible to access the V-Synth as an external drive without even needing drivers or any additional software. This just gives you some additional internal memory to store lots more banks and samples with.

I have collected together various presets of mine and uploaded them

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... 01.prj.zip

just 20 patches and tbh some were made some time ago and a couple may be variations on factory patches (certainly the 4 seqs one is) but most are original. Several use a couple of freely available vocal samples from the old Dorumalia website but I'm unclear if they are still available now so I included them (it would be hard not to since they are edited and timestretched). There is also a sample of GW Bush that I think is public domain. The rest are from the factory samples.

There are other V-synth patches on the Roland Clan Forums, (there are 140+ hits, searching for "patches download" in the V-Synth area. Some of those hits, point to the files area: http://www.rolandclan.com/library/v-synth_gt/ where there is more material. Others point to straggler patches that are not on Cello's site. But most of them, he is hosting. Cello has done a fantastic job "herding the cats", getting those of us with patches/Studio Sets to share, onto his site. He's hosting 26 of my FA-06/08 Studio Sets.. but there are another handful that I have shared on the Roland Clan forums, while we get enough extras together to warrant putting them onto his site. Point is -- Roland Clan forums has threads that are loaded with additional patches... as well as file areas with official files also. Worth poking around on the Roland Clan forums... imo.

cheers -

Joe

Definitely worth poking around the forum there - found some interesting patches.

Agreed. I acquired a few project files from there. But I guess that's the thing: the V-Synth works with project files, not individual patches. There isn't a librarian program that works on modern Mac OS systems, is there?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”