Cubase 9 coming in December according to Guitar Center

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

I got the following email today from guitar center:
In anticipation of the upcoming launch of Steinberg Cubase Pro 9, we would like to inform you that purchasers of Cubase Pro 8.5 will also receive a free upgrade to Cubase Pro 9 upon its release.

If you are in need of a new digital audio workstation, you don't have to wait until the release of Cubase Pro 9 in December to start working.

Get ready for the most powerful version of Cubase ever.
Let the speculation begin!
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

so I might activate my 8.5 update I bought the other day..
wasn't it december last time?
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

Are you updating from Cubase 8 to 8.5? AFAIK updating from 8 to 8.5 will not get you C9 for free as C9 will be a full version update, though I would love to hear if this works for you - please report back if you try! However if you are a new user and purchased the full Cubase 8.5 today you will get the upgrade to 9 according to guitar center.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

They never made good on their promises of updating 8.5 to include most requested features and bug fixes. In January they asked us owners to fill out a form. We were never told the outcome of that or what they intended on doing.

Either way Cubasis works for me so they will take my money once again in December. I just wish they would change their upgrade policy a bit.

thejonsolo wrote:In January they asked us owners to fill out a form. We were never told the outcome of that or what they intended on doing.
AFAIC, such surveys aren't meant to implement every and any feature which got voted for the most in the survey, but rather as a way of figuring out what people might want the most, and then perhaps implement the one or the other thing in future versions. And as it was most probably for internal use and analysis anyway, it's no wonder that they don't announce the results. I had something similar for a game i play, which has a subscription system, and they asked so many things, and there were so many features you could vote for... and i think 1 of those has been implemented like, a year after. So...

Thanks for the heads up about version 9 upcoming BTW. I guess i will do the upgrade for Artist for 50 € then.

thejonsolo wrote:In January they asked us owners to fill out a form. We were never told the outcome of that or what they intended on doing.
They published a letter with the top 5 feature requests on the cubase forum a few months ago. From memory, we should expect among other things :
- undo for mix console
- simple sampler
- enhanced windows handling
- extended options to import audio/midi

Holding my breath...oh wait exhale. In for the bump :)

Did they make any changes to their audio engine?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Looking at past history.. December 1st would be the day to see.

LGK_Dude wrote:Are you updating from Cubase 8 to 8.5? AFAIK updating from 8 to 8.5 will not get you C9 for free as C9 will be a full version update, though I would love to hear if this works for you - please report back if you try! However if you are a new user and purchased the full Cubase 8.5 today you will get the upgrade to 9 according to guitar center.
What do you mean? If people register an upgrade NOW, they should be eligible for Cubase 9. It happened to me before with Wavelab 9. But maybe Guillermo could enlighten us on this matter.
Fernando (FMR)

I am more commenting that their original statement said the updates would apply to 8.5 and not 9 because they already had that in motion. We never saw a big update for 8.5.

thejonsolo wrote:They never made good on their promises of updating 8.5 to include most requested features and bug fixes. In January they asked us owners to fill out a form. We were never told the outcome of that or what they intended on doing.

Either way Cubasis works for me so they will take my money once again in December. I just wish they would change their upgrade policy a bit.
The survey results have been on the steinberg forum for many months now... https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91305

thejonsolo wrote:I am more commenting that their original statement said the updates would apply to 8.5 and not 9 because they already had that in motion. We never saw a big update for 8.5.
It's entirely possible that there will be bugfix updates for 8.5 still. 8.0 had a bugfix release well-after 8.5 was already out.

I don't recall anything about 8.5 having any specific features promised. I'd like to see citations on that.

Robert Randolph wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:I am more commenting that their original statement said the updates would apply to 8.5 and not 9 because they already had that in motion. We never saw a big update for 8.5.
It's entirely possible that there will be bugfix updates for 8.5 still. 8.0 had a bugfix release well-after 8.5 was already out.

I don't recall anything about 8.5 having any specific features promised. I'd like to see citations on that.
Sure, right here:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... er#p540706

This is the line that should interest you:

"The second step will have our engineers assess feasibility of the prioritised list to see which points can be delivered up until the next major update. These will then be shared with you."

This is clearly stating that they would look at that list and determine what they would deliver up in the time until the next major update. Then they would tell us which items that would be. The things they listed as a top 5 did not take place. Additionally they recanted saying that it might not even be in this next version. Maybe my use of the word PROMISE was too strict.

Trust me I use Cubase every day. I go to their site several times a month. I am aware of what is and IS NOT going on (except behind the scenes of course). Unless we have Cubase 8.6 for free and then Cubase 9, in essence they did not live up to what their open letter implied (instead of promised).

And when devs imply something and it does not happen, see No Man's Sky for details. :hihi:

thejonsolo wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:

Sure, right here:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... er#p540706

This is the line that should interest you:

"The second step will have our engineers assess feasibility of the prioritised list to see which points can be delivered up until the next major update. These will then be shared with you."

This is clearly stating that they would look at that list and determine what they would deliver up in the time until the next major update. Then they would tell us which items that would be. The things they listed as a top 5 did not take place. Additionally they recanted saying that it might not even be in this next version. Maybe my use of the word PROMISE was too strict.

Trust me I use Cubase every day. I go to their site several times a month. I am aware of what is and IS NOT going on (except behind the scenes of course). Unless we have Cubase 8.6 for free and then Cubase 9, in essence they did not live up to what their open letter implied (instead of promised).

And when devs imply something and it does not happen, see No Man's Sky for details. :hihi:
You just linked to the post that you said didn't exist until I posted it to backup a claim that you made before you knew it existed.

I don't even... :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”