FL Studio 12.4 Released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition FL Studio Mobile

http://www.image-line.com/downloads/fls ... nload.html (build 29 - updated 2016/11/04)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPGqPVfukws

What's New?

New Plugins
  • Transistor Bass - Advanced emulation of the legendary Roland TB303 Bassline synthesizer. ON SALE! $49. BONUS: All purchases between now and Dec 1 2016 go into the draw to WIN A REAL Roland TB-303 ($2500 USD) and a modded Cyclone TT-303 ($500 USD).
  • FL Studio Mobile - Companion to the Android, iOS and Windows App. Bring mobile projects into FL Studio and take them to the next level.
Updated Plugins
  • FPC - Vectorial UI. Expandable.
  • Harmless - Vectorial UI.
  • Newtone - Added buttons for pitch and warp modes. Option to include region markers when saving a sample from Pitch Correction mode.
  • Ogun - Vectorial UI.
  • Parametric EQ 2 - Vectorial UI. Fully resizable.
  • Patcher - 37 new presets by Youlean.
  • Razer Chroma - Support for Naga Chroma Mouse.
  • Slicex - Vectorial UI.
  • Vocodex - Vectorial UI.
  • ZGameEditor Visualizer - Use videos as internal controllers. 4 new presets. Use FL Studio Windows as video input. Supports H.264 video export (mp4). Drag-and-drop to re-arrange layers.
FL Studio Features
  • Extended colors - FL Studio now allows selection of fully saturated colors from all color dialogs.
  • Custom mapping formulas - Edit the Formulas.txt file ..System\Config\Mapping.
  • Browser - Restored option to Open samples in Fruity Slicer.
  • Mixer - Menu > View > "Alternative mixer highlighting" option to work with the new very bright or dark colors.
  • Dashboard - Can now be resized from the window border.
  • Plugin Manager - Window can now be set to remain on top of other windows.
  • Command-line rendering - /R[filename] myproject.flp, use /E[extensions] to specify format (E.g: "/Emp3,ogg,wav").
  • Loop recording - Significantly improved. Video Tutorial.
  • Maschine Jam support - Added undo/redo, step seq mode and swing jogwheel mode.
  • Views - Custom layout is now remembered even when selecting other layout
  • Input quantization - Added new recording quantize options (right-click the Record button)
  • Wrapper - Threaded processing is now on by default
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

What about Mac OS X / macOS?

FL Studio Native Mac OS X Progress Report
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

So, nothing new?
No signature here!

Downloaded the demo just to check out transistor bass ....de-installed after 5 min :D
Accent behaviour is kinda mweeh ,
Abl 3 ..still at the top :clap:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Cool update bro. FL-Studio just gets better and better! I am so loving the vectorial stuff the most. Thanks!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Image-Line wrote:
  • Transistor Bass - Advanced emulation of the legendary Roland TB303 Bassline synthesizer. ON SALE! $49. BONUS: All purchases between now and Dec 1 2016 go into the draw to WIN A REAL Roland TB-303 ($2500 USD) and a modded Cyclone TT-303 ($500 USD).
I'm not sure why the new DEMO plug-in makes the #1 spot for updates when it's not even included "free" with the update? I'm guessing that's how they get away with their "free updates for life", it's really not "free", they charge for the new plug-ins. I wish that was clear before I purchased, stupid me for thinking everything was included "free" with the "free updates for life" plan. :cry:

Another meaty update, thanks Image Line :clap: :tu:

No wonder it is voted the Number 1 DAW

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/ ... day-238905

Harmless got the gui update before Harmor? D'oh!

Just read the news item and clicked on the comparison table link. While the price of 100 bucks for the basic version seems affordable, I wonder how many people actually buy that when it doesn't even allow you to record audio tracks, which is standard on many cheaper DAW's such as Mulab or Mixcraft. So, most people will probably have to pick a more expensive edition for 200 or 300 bucks. Sure, IL have those life-time updates, but then again, I prefer paying a tiny update fee every other year instead of paying a higher price at once, especially since one still can't sell FL Studio.

Actually, I dislike any DAW's which come in different editions, I always get the feeling that I get an inferior and incomplete product unless I buy the best edition.

Just saying, still not convinced of that business model...

I don't see why would anyone want to buy the Fruity edition. The only reason might be that they do have a good DAW already and want to use FL Studio as a glorified drum machine. Otherwise Producer Edition is the best value. There are some things it's missing and that need to be added separately (Directwave, Newtone, Pitcher, GrossBeat) to round it out, but during sales one can get a very good deal. Other editions just add pointless plugin bloat.
No signature here!

fluffy_little_something wrote:Just saying, still not convinced of that business model...
Q: Does anything in this update have anything to do with changes in Image Line's business model?

A: No

So I am not sure I understand how you manage to pull that issue into this thread as well :roll:

Well, as I said, there was that link to the comparison table in the 12.4 news item...

robotmonkey wrote:I don't see why would anyone want to buy the Fruity edition.
Sooner or later there is sale, so a user gets on the gravy train then.

And then there will be a sale again when a clever user will see the chance to step up the ladder ;)

All in all I have paid €171 to get FL Studio Signature Bundle 8)

Which is about half price of what it retails at ($299 + VAT)
Last edited by Numanoid on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Have they given Poizone a scalable GUI as well?
I always liked that synth, but it had quite some aliasing :P I assume they no longer update legacy synth sound engines, right?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Have they given Poizone a scalable GUI as well?
I always liked that synth, but it had quite some aliasing :P I assume they no longer update legacy synth sound engines, right?
I don't think they have. It seems that many of the IL synths are orphaned because they do not have a developer and source code anymore.
No signature here!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”