Fresh Producer - progressive critisism for Prog trance! (In development)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

I don't really know where to start. This is a first for me - Forum - almost finishing music (premaster)- being productive. Who knows? maybe it will go somewhere. Ive always been a HUGE fan of progressive trance and anjuna beats anchors such as Ilan bluestone - lane 8 - oliver smith - good ole Bayer. I mean the list goes on and on.

In an attempt to be my own favorite anchor of a music that i feel has truly defined me, I offer you this. My work in progress - I think of it like a village - the more help i get - the better I raise it. Looking forward to being a part of this forum and sharing more work.

So without further delay - Here she is!

https://soundcloud.com/bobby-flowers-954614428/id-1

<3 :D Thanks!

Nice track, beautiful and delicate melody, good atmosphere. The mix is well balanced but I think it needs to be a bit more powerful. Also I feel that it ends a bit too abruptly like you've run out of ideas and just let it lay. But if it is your first finished attempt, it is really good.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Wow. Thank you so mmuchfor your feed back. I agree. I let the over excitement of completing something I like stop me from implimentint more ideas. Definetly needs more power. I suppose its not totally sqaused and optimized for all systems quite yet.

Nice arrangement and flow, I liked the outro unlike Recursive One. But mix is poor, needs a lot of EQ work - especially at leads. Panning lives its own life, too.

The break in very middle sounds dull, add some modulation over time.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

This is why I'm so glad to be a part of a forum where I can ask for help. So new to all of this. Did some eqiing but I'm sure I could research more of this to better set the tracks individual pieces.

Return to “Music Cafe”