Avenger vs. Rapid

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yes this had to come ?!

people who got both please post your pros and negs about both vsts. best way would be also to post clean samples of same settings of sounds. i only have the demo of rapid and avenger and rapid doesnt offer a clean saw in the demo? so i couldnt made a test.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Rapid = 10 points
Avenger = 3 points
Predator2 = 4 points

Avenger and Predator2 are the flop synths 2016

i did a quick (and dirty) test (see the Avenger thread). Rapid wins for me in terms of smooth WT transitions (by a long shot btw), which is kind of important with a WT synth imho.
The filters are comparable (they sound different ofcourse, so it is subjective as well). For such a beast, i find max 64 voices poly a bit on the low side (Avenger). But the amount of ENV's, filters and out-of-the-box content is better on the side of Avenger. Although the layering on Rapid works amazing. With sends (to other layers), FX per layer and great overall controls (amp- and filt env's and filter controls)

I find the UI/workflow on Rapid way better as well.

Rapid 8.5 out of 10
Avenger 6.5/7 out of 10

Taurus wrote:Rapid = 10 points
Avenger = 3 points
Predator2 = 4 points

Would you give Rapid 12 out of 10 if it allowed for wavetable import and UI scaling? :D

kurodo wrote:
Taurus wrote:Rapid = 10 points
Avenger = 3 points
Predator2 = 4 points

Would you give Rapid 12 out of 10 if it allowed for wavetable import and UI scaling? :D
I would give it a 9.5 for those functions

For me the winner of this comparison was RePro-1.
The only bad thing about it was that it's a monosynth. But great preset and sound quality + lower price.

sl1914 wrote:For me the winner of this comparison was RePro-1.
:?:

chk071 wrote:
sl1914 wrote:For me the winner of this comparison was RePro-1.
:?:
yeah...no idea.

Avenger is the winner. Not only because It offers far more (features, content) for a more fair price than Rapid.

-Avenger is not VST only and not win only like Rapid is
-Avengers ui is resizable and reskinnable (I hate the Rapid UI)
-Avengers mod matrix is well thought (having groups for multiple assignments, bypass, ...)
-Avenger offers more features like WT import & MS import
-powerful FX inside Avenger like their EFX Bundles 1 & 2 as well as some from Arts Acoustic
-nice preset browsing, tagging and searching
-total control over waveform editing and bendings (FFT, Harmonics, PWM, FM, RM, ...)
-dedicated drum sequencer
-not limited to 44.1kHz sampling rate
-Rapid sounds bright and harsh in default
-the online presentation and communication was way better with Vengeance (videos, ready to use manual, ...)

There are also things that can be improved easy in an update like the max number of wavetable slices or the voice limit. Avenger can be quiet complex and therefore it takes time demoing all the features.
Of course there are some release problems even after the long beta time which is sad but not for long.

I think a really meaningful test result will be available in a couple of days when the first bugs got fixed and users were spending some time with it.

I've been using both - both incredible synths and we are spoiled these days having both of these to choose from. Advantages to Rapid, I found myself preferring the filters and interface of Rapid (functionality wise) and really love the 8 x 3 layout. Advantage to Avenger is Wavetable import (coming to Rapid soon however), MSEGs, resizable GUI. Overall I am finding myself using Rapid more, but I am looking forward to the future using these synths.
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

Caine123 wrote:rapid doesnt offer a clean saw in the demo? so i couldnt made a test.
Could you elaborate?
Rapid's init patch seems to contain a standard Saw, looks pretty much like the Spire and Sylenth Saw to me which seem clean.

kurodo wrote:
Caine123 wrote:rapid doesnt offer a clean saw in the demo? so i couldnt made a test.
Could you elaborate?
Rapid's init patch seems to contain a standard Saw, looks pretty much like the Spire and Sylenth Saw to me which seem clean.
Edit; Never mind...

Rapid seems to sound gnarly to me and not in a good way. Sounds harsh as op said (from what I've seen in demos).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Can't even install the Rapid demo... always gives out error messages.

when i initialize a preset in avenger i cannot get such quick harshdetuned (4 voices) (with spread) hypersaw? the same key hold down sounds much different.

this is Rapid
https://clyp.it/zwa0se1v

the noise is of the demo of course
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”