[Acid?] Runner - Return of the TB-303 <- remember that one? :-)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey this track came to life after I bought the new Transistor Base synth from Image-Line. It's got that nice sound I liked on some of the very old acid tracks.

The Runner uses nine instances of Transistor Base, a few instances of Spire "for pads and effect support" ... and lots and lots of automation tracks modulating the synths :-).

I also make heavy use of Izotopes Neutron while trying to mix all the nicely bubbling sounds together...

Tell me if you like it (or not) ...

Cheers
Virtualex

http://soundcloud.com/virtualex_germany ... -the-tb303

Cool
At 1:24 I would have liked all hell to break lose, with a strong kick drum and additional percussion but I think you did well to keep the energy building with other elements.
You made good use of the Transistor Bass
:tu:

kurodo wrote:Cool
At 1:24 I would have liked all hell to break lose, with a strong kick drum and additional percussion but I think you did well to keep the energy building with other elements.
You made good use of the Transistor Bass
:tu:
lol 1:24, yeah.....like watching a long fuse inch on a bit of fireworks, anticipating a huge bang, but it fizzles out instead. damn, a dud!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Virtualex_HS wrote:Hey ... Tell me if you like it (or not) ...
I like it. And yes, stomping kick at 1:24 would have been the cherry on top. Not a dud, by any means.

Hey guys,

thanks for your comments, appreciate it!

As everybody seems to be missing something after 1:24 I already started reworking the track - I'll show you once "finished" :-).

Cheers
Virtualex

I have the one (303-Clone) from AudioRealism and it´s great,
but what´s more fun is the Volca Bass,
missing some features but have some unique ones

Yes, let start the drums after the breakdown
and everybody is satisfied :)
I enjoyed listening to the tune as it is

(( D ))

Hello there,

after most people seem to think that this track was lacking something (which I agree with after listening to it a day or two away from the "production flow") I reworked it more or less completely after the intro ...

It is a little more intense now and I hope you like it better now :-)

Try it if you like ...

http://soundcloud.com/virtualex_germany ... -the-tb303

cheers
Virtualex

PS: Happy Christmas!

Return to “Music Cafe”