【electro/glitch 】 maybe deaf# 【original】

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/balans-269097943 ... f-original

Hi! This is the first track with mixing-vocals I do, so it would be nice if someone with more experience can tell me if it sounds saturated or more ways to improve the final equalization if it's possible.

Thank you :wink:
Last edited by balans on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lots of high freq shrillness and a muddy low end to my ears, the vocals need their own space as it sounds like they get buried underneath all the chaos at times , catchy tune regardless
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:lots of high freq shrillness and a muddy low end to my ears, the vocals need their own space as it sounds like they get buried underneath all the chaos at times , catchy tune regardless
yes, that's what I thought.. do you know if that can be fixed by changing the mastering? As for how the vocals sound, i will work on it :?
Thank you, it is important for me to know what fails with the track.

glad to help. the shrill might be a matter of mixing the hats a bit lower than EQing them
as the shrill may be from the highs getting harmonic distortion from being too hot
in the recording. for the muddy low end, check the release time on the bass and
try using a bass centering utility like Leslie Sanford's bass tightner. for the chaos,
Panning of the sounds and not having them all sound at the same time is key to
making the mix clearer with each sound getting their own space. including the vocals. good luck!

layzer wrote:glad to help. the shrill might be a matter of mixing the hats a bit lower than EQing them
as the shrill may be from the highs getting harmonic distortion from being too hot
in the recording. for the muddy low end, check the release time on the bass and
try using a bass centering utility like Leslie Sanford's bass tightner. for the chaos,
Panning of the sounds and not having them all sound at the same time is key to
making the mix clearer with each sound getting their own space. including the vocals. good luck!
fixed and re-uploaded! I will re-arrange the bass and the hat noise within the next days (as well as reducing the chaos), but for now it is lees agressive to listen with your advices.

Thank you a lot

high end sounds like it sits better now. polish, polish, polish! :hihi:

Most obvious to me is the really bad compression/ducking where different elements are fighting over each other
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Music Cafe”