Acustica Audio Nebula 4 coming 23-12

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is the news from the Forum. A lot of informations ;)

Don't expect the impossible . In our first release we'll feature
- The resizable rack, but you'll open a single instance at once as usually
- No acqua plugins supported till February. We are working on server support for them (ok this is linked to a lot of developments you'll see, some revolutionary product extensions)
- A preset browser similar to apple finder
- Skinned commercial library as showcase of skinning capabilities
- A product as showcase of the simple nebula3 libraries skinning and core9. It is rather a powerful example. It is a new acqua with a possible price tag between 80 and 99 eur, included in nebula 4
Code name is rose. Included and worth the price of nebula4 upgrade alone.
- There will be a trial version. Nebula 4 free will be uploaded in February

What you'll have next:
- A lot of updates, really a lot. Every update for free. Many new libraries for free (not all obviously). Decide when you want to be in

- Nebula should be available on 23-12 if and only "if" we don't discover last-minute bugs
- The name is simply "N4"
- we'll post several cool videos asap
- today we are working on installers; it means the product will enter tomorrow the betatesting stage. It was already alphatested, product could be delayed if something goes wrong.
- we'll release vst3, vst2, aax, au, but ONLY 64 bits and ONLY vstgui4 (so no legacy mode). Several legacy hosts will simply NOT work even if we released 32 bits (for example wavelab 5).

- protection: nebula will be protected in the same way we protected acqua plugins. No more init files to copy.
- Basically there is a way for using the new nebula4 as a nebula3 server so it is completely backward compatible
- N4 is a Core9. So fully debugged
- N4 will be a server version planned price is 239

10% discount cause christmas, till 9 jan 2017
20% discount because it is a preorder till 1 feb 2017

- and as nebula customer you'll have:

20% discount if you are a nebula3 pro owner
40% discount if you are a nebula3 server owner

- or alternativelyl you'll use the coupon we'll send on next days because acqua plugins, ranging from 5% to 45% depending on what you've bought. You CANNOT add it to nebula3 discount. Basically maximum discount will be 45% (to add to 30%) At the same time, Nebula3 pro will be removed from the shop (and supported). We'll remove at the same time also upgrade packets from nebula3 pro to nebula3 server

Nebula3 server will still be available at the new price of 139 euro. If you bought nebula3 server just recently (ie black friday) you could open a ticket - not today - and get maybe a better offer. Nebula3 server will not be upgraded immediatly . We don't know when, we don't know how. There will not be a different upgrade policy between nebula3 server to N4 apart what I listed before. So you will NOT pay the difference; we don't know how much or when.

So just to explain it clearly
from 239 the initial price will be 167

if you are a nebula3 server customer the price will be 100
if you are a nebula3 pro customer the price will be 133 (so lower than the new nebula3 server price).

Now included in this incredible price we decided to add a free acqua, rose (wait for my next post). Rose was planned for 69 eur (and I think it is a very very very fair and honest price) but we decided to release it as a N4 gift, so free for N4 customers and ONLY for them

http://acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 56&t=29743
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Still open only one instance?

What about built-in GR meter for compressor libraries?It must have!
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Will Neb 4 be able to use Neb 3 libraries?
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

tunca wrote:Still open only one instance?

only one instance unfortunately :dog:

GR meters should be straightforward but the problem
with nebula/acqua meters has always been their lack of accuracy.

cfanyc wrote:

I'm 3rd party developer.Tried to build skin for compressor but really hard to create because of lack...So i wanted built-in accurate GR meter but no luck...

Multi instance could be great for eqs.
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

tunca wrote:
cfanyc wrote:

I'm 3rd party developer.Tried to build skin for compressor but really hard to create because of lack...So i wanted built-in accurate GR meter but no luck...

Multi instance could be great for eqs.
Recent acqua compressors have gr meters and they are based
on same engine as nebula 4. On the other hand developing for the neb4
platform now requires special permission by acustica audio. I suggest
you talk to them.

what's the diff btw acqua and nebula for a newb?

mementus wrote:what's the diff btw acqua and nebula for a newb?

nebula is the general purpose audio fx plugin into which you can load
acustica dynamic impulse response libraries and skins.

acqua is a series of self contained plugins that appear to the user
as regular one-trick ponny plugins but in reality they are running multiple
nebula instances in the background and they have a special purpose
skin.

the currently availiable nebula general plugin is using however older technology than
the acquas. Nebula 4 will give to users some of the advanced
nebula tech capabilities that the acquas have.

Thanks. I am trialing acqua plugins. Will we have those libraries into N4?

mementus wrote:Thanks. I am trialing acqua plugins. Will we have those libraries into N4?
Welcome. To the best of my knowledge:

The nebula 4 version to be released on dec 23 will not be able to load general acquas.
This is kinda obvious since, that nebula 4 will not support multiple instances but
acquas generally can.

It may be possible (although I have not seen confirmation) that the dec 23 nebula 4 may be able to load
single bands of acqua eqs but not the full thing or the skins. Nebula 3 pro and server
now can load some of the older acqua single bands. I would appreciate it myself if someone
has more concrete/newer info on this topic since nebula 4 related info trickles down slowly.

Notice also that when nebula 4 gets multiple instance loading ability (which may be a long time based
on very recent posts in the acustica forum), you will have to buy each commercial acqua that
you wish to load into nebula 4, separately.

So basically the platfom now will splinter further and the expectation is that all will consolidate
around the nebula 4 and the acquas formats after 2-3 years (when nebula 3 versions are no longer officially supported).

Whether people will actually abandon nebula 3 pro and server
(even after it stops being supported by acustica)
depends on what quality libraries are created
by acustica and third party devs who will sign up for nebula 4 (currently the most prominent
3rd part devs for nebula 3 pro have not signed up for nebula 4 ).

We'll add support for complete acqua plug-ins and acqua libraries around February.
Acqua libraries are composed by multiple inner nebula instances - for example coral is composed by 39 nebulas. Main limitation at the beginning will be a single item (nebula library, acqua library) in the rack, but there will be a smooth evolution

Most of limitations of the skin engine are solved (for example meters, you can assign specific dB values to specific bitmaps), just contact us, we'll try to help

Giancarlo, I am confused.

Could you please clarify: in February nebula 4 will be able to load acquas
that run multiple instances but NOT multiple nebula 3 instances?
OR BOTH of the above?

In other words will the february nebula 4 be able to load
multiple old nebula 3 libraries at once or this functionality
is reserved for the acquas only?

February: acqua libraries and acqua plugins
Several months later: multiple items in the rack

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:February: acqua libraries and acqua plugins
Several months later: multiple items in the rack
Thanks for the clarification although I have to say that it is extremely disappointing
that the nebula 4 will not load multiple nebula 3 instances from the get go
whereas acqua libraries will.

I (and others) have invested serious money in these nebula libraries and we need to
use them effectively, and have been waiting for years for this.

Many have spend lots of money and time trying to use patchwork and nyrv agent as
a temporary solution.

And as you have heard for many users the nebula 3 libraries sound better than the
corresponding acquas.

Moreover the acquas are fine already. They do not need to
be loaded to nebula 4 to have a good work flow and I simply cannot see
why this is such a priority for acustica (other than the very cynical explanation that
acustica makes big $$$ from the acquas but nothing from the neb3 libraries).

Nebula 3 (and in the future 4) eq, console and strip libraries are
ergonomically handicapped if they cannot be loaded as multiple instances in one skin.
This is priority number one as far as I am concerned.

/end of venting

It's more a matter of releasing a product with many features without breaking compatibility or adding confusion or adding too many bugs at the same time
With nebula we had an high number of updates with a lot of incremental features. We want to keep this tradition. Once the resizable rack, dynamic latency compensation and floating widows are supported since the very first engine release it is just a matter of updates

There is no handicap: sand is a complete plugin, or coral, but they are the new nebula library format, we can deliver now amazing things with a very nice workflow
Please don't confuse what an advanced user would do (sampling, building an hybrid equalizer, connecting blocks) with what a new technology allows to the normal user (just getting a streamlined product working without too much hassle)

N4 improves dramatically the nebula experience to most of users.
The new library format is seriously in a different ballpark. Before a library preset was just a single eq band. The new library preset can be a whole equalizer, with even a compressor, m/s capabilities and much more.

A little example: recently a lot of companies released very complex guitar amp simulators with many programmable features. But guess how many users are really programming or sampling those devices even when those features are supported. Most of users just want to connect the guitar, select a device and play

About the fact that a new engine which is based on the same technology of nebula and has 3 more years of developments can be worse than before, this is a myth.

We don't delete features, we add them. You can do the same things as before in the worst case. But you don't need to do it. Check new compressors as soon as they are released and just tell me if they are something you have already in nebula land.

Return to “Effects”