Ipad synthesisers and Mulab DAW

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab App

aye yo

how would you sync ipad synthesisers (korg ims20 and thor polysonic synthesiser to be specific) to the mulab daw in order to record the audio created in those snyths into the DAW?

help much appreiciated! videos help or picturessss :hug: :hug:

you dont really without buying some hardware... or exploring bluetooth midi options. there might also be a usb tether option

There are two cross-platform apps that will help you route your iPad midi & audio to your computer via usb: Music IO (musicioapp.com) and Studiomux (midimux.com). Both do the same thing and cost $10. I use Music IO on OSX (but it is designed for OSX and they don't give tech support for Windows). You need to first install the paid app on your iPad, and inside that app choose your synth for each of four audio tracks (+midi if you want). You install a separate free app and a VST/AU on your computer. You open both apps together, then plug in the usb and they will pair. You then make your audio and midi settings on the computer side. You then open MuLab and put that VST in a rack and choose the track for your iPad synth. You can then play your iPad synth with your midi controller or iPad, add effects in the MuLab rack, and record in MuLab from that rack. Its a long signal path, so you need to do everything right. Have fun!
Last edited by Michael L on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Thanks for the help!!!

I was thinking of uploading the tracks to audio files but wouldnt that be of lower quality than using the cross platform apps?

I just edited my post to add a lot more detail on the workflow. It is way more fun to use your iPad as a Mux module (than uploading files), but a long chain has more settings that need to be tweaked. Personally, what excites me far more is using the iPad as a continuous midi controller for Mux Devices!
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Return to “MUTOOLS”