Deactivate (ElectroProg - Seismic Tranquiliser)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A piece of glitched ambient post Xmas music, probably best enjoyed with a glass of the good stuff after the Xmas guests have departed and before the reality of the 9-to-5 kicks in again.

EDIT:20221231 mp3 link removed

on SoundCloud:-

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/deactivate

Recorded/Mixed in EnergyXT2.7
Mastered in T-Racks 3

Stuff and Nonsense:-

Dune
PPG Wave 2.V
Lounge Lizard EP4
Tremor
Blackhole
Reverser
Stutter Edit
BC Gain3 Stereo
CSR Room
Saturator X
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 11

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Edit:20230609 - I re-mastered the track in T-Racks 5 ready for a future album release.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/deac ... ks5-master

All of the instruments and FX processors are identical to the earlier version.

DR - 12
Last edited by seismic1 on Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

good stuff, Tim...great buildup as usual, nice big ambience, lovely pads. great sound choices mixed very well. moves right along. nice holiday treat to these phones :phones:

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

a glass of remys has been stuck to my hand for a week if that counts as good stuff, lol. yup, a nice holiday mood happenin, easy going with the bell-like lead spot creating the melodic feel. a touch of the glitched moments add a cool interest to the listen, muchly enjoyed..sip!
hope your holiday season is going well

layzer wrote:good stuff, Tim...great buildup as usual, nice big ambience, lovely pads. great sound choices mixed very well. moves right along. nice holiday treat to these phones :phones:

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Cheers Dave. Glad you liked it and thanks very much for commenting :)

This is quite a minimal piece with only 5 VSTis and some FX and a little automated routing using BC Gain3 to switch channels in and out so the mix was reasonably straightforward. I mixed this on monitors and only remembered to check it on the DT990s at the last minute, but it sounded good here too.

I hope you had a great Christmas. All the best for 2017.

A lot about this I like. It's always the EDM you add which ruins it for me.(as you know)
That's of course just me and the way I like things.
Your music always embodies a human character. I like what you come up with. Although I couldn't help noticing how this bass-line reminded me of Pink Floyd's - Time. :dog:
I used to have a drummer who just couldn't 'lay back'. He always needed to jazz everything up...couldn't just leave it simple. :o He was/is a great drummer, but without a simple/quiet switch.
Again, I know I'm the only one saying this, so pay me no mind. :D
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Really enjoyed this,very beautiful.Smooth production,everything glues so nicely.Lovely melody with a sprinkle of drums on top.Warmed me cockles for the day thank you.
Great work Seismic! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Nice piece of downtempo. All very pretty sounds and it has a very gentle flow. Makes me feel all mellow in these dark grey days.

Victor.

wavephonic wrote:a glass of remys has been stuck to my hand for a week if that counts as good stuff, lol. yup, a nice holiday mood happenin, easy going with the bell-like lead spot creating the melodic feel. a touch of the glitched moments add a cool interest to the listen, muchly enjoyed..sip!
hope your holiday season is going well
Remy is more than acceptable, although I prefer Armagnac :wink:

Good to see you back in the Cafe, Ed. Thanks very much for listening and commenting. Glad you enjoyed it :)

A very Happy New Year to you :D

It does actually sound very festive, and you're still nailing the evolving synth goodness. I'm glad to see one of us is still making music on a regular basis! ;)

annode wrote:A lot about this I like. It's always the EDM you add which ruins it for me.(as you know)
That's of course just me and the way I like things.
Even during the early stages of putting this together, I knew I was going to feature some sort of light bass/percussion. I don't know whether that is an indirect result of playing bass in various bands many years ago, or simply due to a lifetime listening to Prog-rock. It just seemed like a natural thing to do. I just started work on a new "ambient" styled piece, which so far has managed to steer clear of any traditional percussive intrusion. Let's see how that goes :wink:
annode wrote: Your music always embodies a human character. I like what you come up with. Although I couldn't help noticing how this bass-line reminded me of Pink Floyd's - Time. :dog:
I hadn't noticed the similarity to "Time", until you mentioned it, but I can hear it. I think that is the Wave2.V. On its own that patch sounds quite ordinary, but it sounds a lot more effective when combined with the rest of the instruments.
annode wrote: I used to have a drummer who just couldn't 'lay back'. He always needed to jazz everything up...couldn't just leave it simple. :o He was/is a great drummer, but without a simple/quiet switch.
Again, I know I'm the only one saying this, so pay me no mind. :D
Thanks very much for the great comments, and for listening, annode. The "human" reference is especially pleasing :)

Gently easing into the new year. Nice. Pity I'm teetotal... :(
:tu:

Before I have to leave for my late- and nightshift, I feel very relaxed through your tune. :) Very tasteful pads, the subtle stuttereffects make the bell sound very interesting, very good construction and buildup of the piece.
cheers
wolf

jethrobull wrote:Really enjoyed this,very beautiful.Smooth production,everything glues so nicely.Lovely melody with a sprinkle of drums on top.Warmed me cockles for the day thank you.
Great work Seismic! :tu:
Thanks very much for listening and for the great comments, JB. Glad you enjoyed it :D

Your 'glitches' are always so tidy. :D

I enjoyed it, kinda reminds me of BT or Amon Tobin in places. Sleek and futuristic.

Love that opening, nice and floaty
Thanks for the chillness!

Return to “Music Cafe”