Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

My Pop/Rock/Whatever Collection

wagtunes
KVRAF

6312 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:08 pm My Pop/Rock/Whatever Collection

Back in May of last year I posted my one and only symphony to some interesting comments. lol.

Anyway, in keeping with my New Year's resolution for 2017, to not take things personally and stop getting into arguments, I'm now testing it out by posting my Soundcloud pop/rock/whatever playlist.

Feel free to make whatever comments you like. I'm bookmarking this thread to read them but don't really plan on any responses except to thank people for listening.

But this thread is going to be extremely boring and without drama (at least on my part)

Any who, I hope somebody enjoys something from this list.

Just one warning. Vocals were made with Vocaloid. As bad as many think it sounds, it still sounds better than MY wretched voice.

Happy New Year to everyone who comes here.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -originals
aaron aardvark
KVRian

1202 posts since 22 Jan, 2011, from near Los Angeles

Postby aaron aardvark; Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:38 pm Re: My Pop/Rock/Whatever Collection

wagtunes,
Thank you for the review! Now I'm reviewing "Once Upon a Time": audio quality is rather good all around. I have mixed feelings about the artificial vocal with the realistic sounding orchestral instrumental. The instrumental sounds well done, though I typically get bored before long if it's just an instrumental orchestral song; so in that regard it's good you added vocals. In some ways, the vocals are pretty remarkable if they are 100% artificial, though they might fit better stylistically with electronic synth sounds. Especially if you're single, this might be a good way to get a human female to sing on a different mix of the song. When I was single, I would work out the vocal melody on a synth & write out lyrics for various female singers I've worked with on various songs. I think a real female (assuming she could sing well) would be a more natural fit. Though I know from experience collaborating with others can be problematic. Cheers! Are you from Illinois?
wagtunes
KVRAF

6312 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:17 am Re: My Pop/Rock/Whatever Collection

aaron aardvark wrote:wagtunes,
Thank you for the review! Now I'm reviewing "Once Upon a Time": audio quality is rather good all around. I have mixed feelings about the artificial vocal with the realistic sounding orchestral instrumental. The instrumental sounds well done, though I typically get bored before long if it's just an instrumental orchestral song; so in that regard it's good you added vocals. In some ways, the vocals are pretty remarkable if they are 100% artificial, though they might fit better stylistically with electronic synth sounds. Especially if you're single, this might be a good way to get a human female to sing on a different mix of the song. When I was single, I would work out the vocal melody on a synth & write out lyrics for various female singers I've worked with on various songs. I think a real female (assuming she could sing well) would be a more natural fit. Though I know from experience collaborating with others can be problematic. Cheers! Are you from Illinois?

Thanks for listening. I am married and can't really afford to hire singers. I am from New Jersey.

Anyway, like I said, I know artificial vocals are not everybody's cup of tea but it is my only option at this time.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe