TC VSS3 Native

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that looks interesting and comparing to recent new reverbs it is priced sensibly. it may find its place on very short list of purchases of mine.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/vss3-native ... ead%20more

Weird... I can't see the price for a crossgrade, since I have it for PowerCore.

99usd

Visible only in Firefox... :)
But that's not a bad deal. With the 20% intro price is $79.

Tempted.

i have been recently looking at m3000 units and this sort of changes the plan.

now we can test it against the relab.

Great reverb but horrible user interface.

Nice to see TC Electronics back in making plugins. Once was a big fan of their Native Bundle.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:Great reverb but horrible user interface.

Nice to see TC Electronics back in making plugins. Once was a big fan of their Native Bundle.
I guess you could always splurge for the Relab clone with the nicer UI. Talk about options! You get an emulation released within roughly a few weeks of the real thing being announced as a native plugin. :)

Anyone know if the VST version is 64 bit?

The Powercore version still is not.

Also wonder if it has the true stereo used in the 6000, probably not likely.

PatchAdamz wrote: The Powercore version still is not.
Powercore is a dead product hence no 64bit version.

bronxsound wrote:
They did just release an update for Powercore (late December).
Still 32 bit.

Also, no listing for 64 bit for the native VST versions on the product page.

Only AAX shows as 64 bit.

I assume the timing is no coincidence... :lol:

Probably they weren't too amused by Martin Lind's recent efforts and secrectly prepared for relatiation to have the last and much better laugh - who's gonna purchase the dongle-bound copy at that crazy price anymore now? :lol:

Well played! :-D

I guess I'll have to purchase it. :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

OTOH you have to factor in TC's history on long-term support...which is not great. I'd put more faith in Relab supporting the VSL for a decent length of time.

PatchAdamz wrote:
bronxsound wrote:
They did just release an update for Powercore (late December).
Still 32 bit.

Also, no listing for 64 bit for the native VST versions on the product page.

Only AAX shows as 64 bit.
the bottom line it is officially discontinued product so i would not expect anything beyond the stuff developed so far.

i guess jens is right that vss3 release is not a coincidence. well good for us :)

jens wrote:I assume the timing is no coincidence... :lol:

Probably they weren't too amused by Martin Lind's recent efforts and secrectly prepared for relatiation to have the last and much better laugh - who's gonna purchase the dongle-bound copy at that crazy price anymore now? :lol:

Well played! :-D

I guess I'll have to purchase it. :hihi:
I'm not too familiar with these TC units, but with a tiny bit of research it seems:

Relab covers the VSS3 and VSS4. TC only released the VSS3. Relab's got the better UI and claims to have improved the filter precision, made more precise frequency calculations, and improved the sound quality, while also having reduced noise and increased the parameter ranges. However, the Relab is more expensive and requires a dongle.

If I were interested in this, I'd definitely demo both and see if the extra cost of the Relab version is worth it to me. The iLok doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Return to “Effects”