License model no way !!!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.bitwig.com/en/17/new-license-model.html

If I would have known this before, I'd never go Bigwig...
Last edited by PHY6 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We're happy about any constructive criticism, but change the subject to something less offensive, please.

Cheers,
Dom

Thanks for the edit, PHY6!

Is this better. ?
you can't imagine how pissed off I feel about this decision.
Bigwig has never worked good for me in the past 2 years, all to do with midi clock sync.
Now to find out I have to pay this much to get it to work is just ridiculous .

What happens if the subscription lapses? Do you have to buy back in for some additional amount (similar to Pro Tools) when you buy a new year's worth of support/upgrades?

PHY6 wrote:Is this better. ?
Pretty good! Until the vulgar comment just 4 words afterwards...
PHY6 wrote: you can't imagine how pissed off I feel about this decision.
A bit more civil language would go a long way...
PHY6 wrote: Bigwig has never worked good for me in the past 2 years, all to do with midi clock sync.
That's a bit vague, get in contact with the support team and give us the details, i try to take care of it personally to see what can be done!

Cheers.
Dom

Gamma-UT wrote:What happens if the subscription lapses? Do you have to buy back in for some additional amount (similar to Pro Tools) when you buy a new year's worth of support/upgrades?
https://www.bitwig.com/en/17/new-license-model.html

Dom what reasons for this decision?
Does it have to do with online collaburation and sevrer maintance or why would you change payment? I belive everybody thinks you guys disslike this. Please tell us why.

dom@bitwig wrote:
PHY6 wrote:Is this better. ?
Pretty good! Until the vulgar comment just 4 words afterwards...
PHY6 wrote: you can't imagine how pissed off I feel about this decision.
A bit more civil language would go a long way...
PHY6 wrote: Bigwig has never worked good for me in the past 2 years, all to do with midi clock sync.
That's a bit vague, get in contact with the support team and give us the details, i try to take care of it personally to see what can be done!

Cheers.
Dom
That's just how I feel about this Dom, no more no less...
Syncing external hardware to BW is just impossible in V1.
No way to alter the clock to line it up with BW.
Other basic functions like fades have never been addressed.

I feel that there will always be something not working properly, and with these payed updates, you end up paying way too much, just to see this implemented.
Subscription software is always something that held me off buying it.
Now to see that BW is going down this route, makes me really angry.

In the past I've been in touch with support about this and other 'bugs', and I feel like being a paid beta tester all this time, to the point that I stopped using BW, waiting for this to come.
And now this...

Coockie1176ln wrote:Dom what reasons for this decision?
Does it have to do with online collaburation and sevrer maintance or why would you change payment? I belive everybody thinks you guys disslike this. Please tell us why.
One of the main reasons is that we now can introduce bigger features a lot more often with small updates instead of collecting and holding them back for major releases like a 2.0 or a 3.0 - it might worry some when reading this, but i'm totally looking forward to it as it actually is a nice change because it will allow us to grow Bitwig Studio on a way more regular basis and introduce exciting stuff a lot more often and frequently.

Cheers,
Dom

PHY6: As i suggested, please get in contact with the support team for the details and we can try to find a solution, makes no sense to dive in to every single personal issue in a forum thread. Thanks!

This is just ridiculous though, honestly.
With as much time as I've invested into this program, I never would have even considered it to begin with if I knew there was going to be a yearly fee slapped onto it. I can't even begin to describe how stupid of an idea this is.

Will network and online collab come in 2.0? Looking forward to it so much

dom@bitwig wrote:
Coockie1176ln wrote:Dom what reasons for this decision?
One of the main reasons is that we now can introduce bigger features a lot more often with small updates instead of collecting and holding them back for major releases like a 2.0 or a 3.0 - it might worry some when reading this, but i'm totally looking forward to it as it actually is a nice change because it will allow us to grow Bitwig Studio on a way more regular basis and introduce exciting stuff a lot more often and frequently.

Cheers,
Dom

PHY6: As i suggested, please get in contact with the support team for the details and we can try to find a solution, makes no sense to dive in to every single personal issue in a forum thread. Thanks!
Just replied to an email conversation I had about this with you in 2015.

Big disappointment indeed!!

I'm not entirely opposed to this, certainly it's a model that will provide the HQ more revenue in order to keep up the good work, but I do think the price as it is now.. it feels quite hefty.

The page about the new model isn't all that clear about what it means for existing customers. I've moved entirely over to using Bitwig since 2015 -- I'm not eligible for an update? The one year of updates applies only to people buying the software from now on?

lataille wrote:This is just ridiculous though, honestly.
With as much time as I've invested into this program, I never would have even considered it to begin with if I knew there was going to be a yearly fee slapped onto it. I can't even begin to describe how stupid of an idea this is.
It is important to note that it is not a yearly fee or subscription!
You buy a full license, and on top of that you get 12 months of free upgrades, even if those are major version number upgrades. After those 12 months, you get to keep you license and you can use it as long as you want and renew your license if we introduce a feature you are interested in.

Cheers,
Dom

Return to “Bitwig”